I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to set save settings in Animation Shop for transparent GIFs. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open up a transparent image in Animation Shop.
2. Now go to save. File > Save As
3. The save box will come up. Browse to the folder that you want to save your image in, and what filename to save it as.
4. Then the Optimizations box comes up. First, you will see a Quality vs. Size slider on the left. I leave mine at the highest setting because I use my graphics on a graphics website. I do not recommend going below one mark under that. Naturally, as you slide downward the size of the file gets smaller, but the quality is lost.
5. Then click on the CUSTOMIZE button.
6. The Colors tab optimization box comes up. Set it for 256 (or less colors). CHECK Optimized Median Cut, and SELECT Nearest Color.
7. Click on the Optimizations tab. CHECK the 2nd and 4th choices.
8. Click on Partial Transparency. Now you will need to make a choice-- will you post this graphic on a light background or a dark background?
For dark backgrounds:
Convert less than 20-25 , then click on the Yes at the bottom and set the color to Dark Gray (not black) #404040, then set it to NO. (you are telling it to use the existing image color at 100% opacity and it will blend it towards the gray end of the spectrum)
For light backgrounds:
All the settings are the same except the color-- make the color a light gray #E0E0E0. NOTE: Be sure to remember to click on NO after setting the color. (I forgot in the screenshot, bad me!). Click No, then click OK.
9. When you click ok, you come back to this screen. If you place a Check in the box, then your settings will always be used, and you will not get a chance to change settings. I recommend that you DO NOT check the box. Click Next.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Next
12. Click Finish.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.