I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to edit existing animations. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
You will also need an animation. If you do not have one to edit, then complete the Sparkle Tutorial, so you will.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open up Animation Shop.
2. In Animation Shop click on the folder to open an animation.
3. In AS, Click on Edit > Select All
4. In AS, click on the Export Frames button which is the 3rd icon (next to folder). This sends the frames into Paint Shop as layers.
5. In PSP, press Shift + D to duplicate the frame layers. Close out the original exported frames (answer no, and no). Return to Paint Shop!
6. In PSP, click on Image > Canvas Size. Set the canvas width and height to 500, and center. We can always crop later!
7. Very Important! Do not move any animation layer EVER! You will work on other layers.
8. Open up the tube or tubes that you want to add to your animation. For each tube: In top menu, click Edit > Copy
9. Then click Edit > Paste > Paste as New Layer.
10. Repeat steps 8 & 9 for each tube you want to add.
11. Your tubes will look like this, on top of your animation:
12. Use the mover tool to move the tubes around into position. BE SURE to NOT move the animation in any way! (Resize your tube layers if necessary: Image > Resize, make sure that Resize all Layers is UNChecked)
13. Your layers may look like this: I moved the doll so that she's standing behind my name, so that layer went to the bottom. Any layers that you want to look in front of your name need to be above the frames.
14. Right -click on the doll layer, and choose duplicate. Now right-click on the Copy of doll layer and choose Duplicate. You have made 2 copies of the doll layer, so now have 3 doll layers. You want the same number of layers as frame layers. My animation was 3 layers. If your animation has 5 layers, then you want to make 5 doll layers. Repeat this process for EACH TUBE layer. DO NOT duplicate the frame layers!
15. Now you must arrange your layers. If you look at the image above my layers from top to bottom go like this: all lizards, then all dragonflies, then frames, then all dolls.
Now I want it to look like this:
Same order from top to bottom but grouped: copy 2 of lizard, copy 2 of dragonfly, frame 3, copy 2 of doll, then another set in the same order, then the third set in the same order.
16. Then click on the eye glasses in the Layer Palette to hide all the layers of the bottom 2 sets. Leave the top set unhidden. In the Layer Palette, click on one of the layers of the top set.
17. Right-click on that layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
18. Then Hide that merged layer, UNHIDE the middle set of layers, and leave the bottom set Hidden.
19. Right-click on one of the unhidden layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
20. Now Hide that Merged layer, keep the other one hidden, and UNhide the bottom set.
21. Right-click on one of the unhidden layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
22. Now save this file in PSP format: File > Save as
23. Go to Animation Shop.
24. In AS, Open up the file you just saved.
25. click on the Crop tool.
26. Click on Options for the crop tool. In the Crop Options box, click on Surround the Opaque area. Click ok
27. A crop box should appear around your animation.
28. Click the crop button, and the excess space should be removed.
29. Now click on the arrow button.
30. In top menu, click Edit > Select All
31. right-click on one of the frames and choose Frame Properties. Set the Display to 15.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.