This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use filters. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
This tutorial uses only the filters that come with PSP, and a tube of your choice.
1. Open up the tube that you want to use. On keyboard, press Shift +D, to duplicate the tube. Close the original.
2. Resize your tube so that the largest dimension is no more than 350 pixels. In top menu, click Image > Resize. Set size to pixels, and set largest dimension to 350. Check all layers.
3. In top menu, click Image
> Canvas Size. and change width & height to 500.
4. In the Layer Palette, right-click on layer and choose duplicate.
Now you have 2 layers of your tube.
5. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer of your tube to highlight it/activate it.
6. In top menu, click on Effects > Reflection Effects > Kaleidoscope.
Apply these settings: Horizontal, vertical, and rotation angle =
0, scale factor = -50, number of petals = 6, number of orbits = 0, radial
suction = 0, edge mode = Reflect
7. Still on the same layer, in top menu click Image > Resize.
Set dimensions to percent, resize to 80, UNCHECK all layers.
8. We will make this tag transparent, with no background.
So in top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
9. In top menu, click Image > Resize. Set to pixel, set
width & height to 275. (I find that 275 pixels is a good size
for a sig tag). CHECK resize all layers.
10. Save this as a psp file, so that you can add names to it later.
And there's your tag.
For my tag above, I chose a font and picked a dark color from the image.
Set the font size at 48 - 72 (depends on font you used). After typing
my name I added a drop shadow: Image > Effects > Drop Shadow, with
these settings: Horizontal & vertical = 1, opacity = 100, blur
= 2, and color = black.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.