Setting Up PSP
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to set up PSP before you get started. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
To save files so that they may be used in earlier PSP versions, and in Animation Shop.
1. Open a new file. It doesn't matter what size.
2. Click File > Save As.
3. Click on the options button (see arrow)
4. Choose Uncompressed, and sset the version to PSP 7 compatible.
To use files that were saved outside the folders of PSP.
5. Click on File > Preferences > File Locations
6. In the left pane, click on Gradients (1). Then in the Right pane, click on Add (2). Browse to find the folder you saved the gradients in, and click on it, then add. (Note: you can browse to folders in previous PSP versions, and use their files)
Repeat these steps for Masks, Plugins, Patterns, Presets, Preset Shapes, and Picture Tubes.
It is best to save Masks, gradients, plugins, patterns, presets, preset shapes, and picture tubes, outside of the PSP folders. In this way, those files will not be erased if your PSP crashes and you have to uninstall it.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.