Blocky Checks Background
This tutorial creates the red blocky background outside this table.
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use masks and seamless tiling. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
You will need this mask: 10Mask Right-click on the image and choose Save as Target.
1. Open a new transparent image, size = 400 x 300. Open the 10Mask and minimize.
2. Set your foreground color to a medium to light color of your choice, and your background to a dark color.
3. Set your foreground color to gradient. style.. Choose the Foreground-Background gradient, Angle = 50, Repeats = 0, Invert CHECKED
4. Flood-fill the image with this gradient.
5. In the top menu, click Layers > New Raster Layer
6. Change the gradient to Angle = 130.
7. Flood-fill the new layer with this gradient.
8. In the top menu click Layers> New Mask Layer > From Image. In the Source Window Choose 10Mask.
9. Right-click on the top layer in the Layer Palette and choose Merge > Merge Group
10. In the top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 3, Horizontal = -2 (negative), Opacity = 100, Blur = 3, Color = black
11. In the top menu, click Layers > New Raster Layer.
12. Click on the Selection Tool, set it to rectangle. then click on the Custom selection icon (has blue box around it in pic)
13. In the Custom Selection box type in these settings: top = 0, left = 175, right = 400, bottom = 60.
14. Flood-fill the selection with the last gradient.
15. In the top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 3, Horizontal = -2(negative) Opacity = 40, Blur = 5, Color = black
16. Right-click on the bar layer and choose Duplicate
17. Selection > None
18. In the top menu, click Image > Rotate > Free Rotate. Select Right and 90 degrees.
19. In the top menu click Image > Mirror
20. With the mover tool, move this vertical bar into place (not quite on the left edge)
21. In the top menu click Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling. Apply these settings: Tiling method = Corner, Direction = Bidirectional, Horizontal Offset = 0, Vertical Offset = - 2, Transition = 100, Corner style = Linear.
22. this background will now tile seamlessly like in the background of this web page. Save this tile as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
This background can be used as the background for tags. Here are some examples. The second one was created by a friend of mine (Cathy), and with her permission I have written a tutorial for how she created her tag. Click on that tag if you wish to do that tutorial.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.