I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create one-inch bottle caps for printing. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Most important: The pixel size that you make it in PSP is directly related to the dpi that your printer will print out. Most printers will print at 300 dpi, so the tutorial is written for that resolution. However, you will need to know your dpi and if it's not 300 dpi, adjust for that.
So this tutorial is written for a printer that prints at 300 dpi.
2. Open a new, transparent image, size 300 x 300, with 300 ppi resolution. (If your dpi was different. Take the printout size (1 inch) and multiply it by your printer's dpi-- I did 300 times 1 inch = 300. Use your new product to be the image size)
3. Choose the Selection tool
4. Set the Selection type (top tool bar) to Circle, Feather = 0
5. In your blank image hover the mouse over the coordinate 150, 150 which is the center of the image. (If your image size was different, just divide the size by 2, and hover there.) You can tell where your cursor is at by reading the rulers at the top and side of the image. I have circled the white marks. Notice they are located at 150 on each ruler.
You can also tell you are at 150, 150 by looking at the lower right corner of the task bar at the bottom of the PSP window. In the pic below #1 is pointing to the coordinate where the cursor STARTED-- 150, 150. If you can't see the status bar at the bottom: View > Toolbars > Status (this should place a check by status)
6. When you have the cursor at 150, 150, left-click and drag out the mouse to the bottom right corner. Keep watching that far right corner of the task bar until the Image selection becomes 300 x 300. (or whatever size your dpi multiplied out to be in Step 1) Then you can release the mouse. If you can't see the status bar at the bottom: View > Toolbars > Status (this should place a check by status)
#2 in the pic below is showing where you are supposed to watch so that it becomes 300 x 300
7. This is what the selection looks like.
8. I would save this as a BottleCap Template. The selection will save with it if you save it as a pspimage. Then you will have a template for the next time. File > Save As be sure format says pspimage.
9. Now you are ready to insert a picture. Change the Selection tool type to Square.
10. Open up the photo that you want to use in PSP. Draw a square selection around it.
11. Edit > Copy
12. Click back on the title bar of the BottleCap template. Edit > Paste Into Selection
13. This is what it will look like. If you print this out (and have calculated your dpi correctly, it will print out 1 inch in size.)
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.