I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a butterfly glow. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download the supplies.
1. Open up the butterfly file in PSP.
2. File > Export > Custom Brush
3. Give it this name: PaisleyButterfly2_DragonBreath
4. Choose a dark color for your foreground, and a medium color for your background. I chose black and red.
5. Set the foreground to Gradient. Find the Foreground-Background gradient (Corel_06_029). Set to circular, 0 repeats, Invert checked, 50 for all the center & focal points.
6. Open up a new, transparent image, size 400 x 400
7. Flood-fill the image with your gradient.
8. Choose the pen tool
9. Set the pen tool to bezier curve, CHECK connect segments, CHECK create on vector, CHECK show nodes, set width = 3
10. Set foreground to white, background = null
11. Left click near top middle ONCE
12. READ all first: Left click a little below the first point, but hold the mouse button down when you click and drag the arrow out to the lower left. This dragging will curve the line. Curve it the way you like then release the mouse button.
13. READ all: Left-click once to a little left and above the first point, HOLDing the mouse button down and drag it up to the top right to curve the line. When it is curved as you like, release the mouse button.
14. Click the green check in top tool bar to apply.
15. Right-click on the line layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
16. Effects > Plugins > Eye Candy 4000 > Gradient Glow. Apply these settings: In the Color setting choose thin, and set color = white.
In the Basic tab, width = 25.59, soft corners = 25, opacity = 80, CHECK draw only outside selection
(An alternate method for those who do not have EC4000 -- Adjust > Blur, set radius = 5)
17. In the layer palette, set opacity = 71% or around there
18. Choose the text tool
19. I chose the Rockwell font, size = 48 pixels, stroke = 2, Create as vector Set color = white
20. Type the message on your tag.
21. Right-click on the text layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer
22. Effects > Plugins > EC 4000 > Gradient Glow. Set Width = 10.53 or about
23. Layers > New Raster Layer
24. Choose Paint brush tool
25. In the top tool bar, choose the brushtip =paisley butterfly, size = 90
26. Foreground color = white. Left-click once to put butterfly on layer anywhere you wish
27. Layers > New Raster Layer.
28. Change brush size and place another butterfly.
To face the butterfly the opposite way: Image > Mirror
29. Layers > New Raster Layer. Add a third butterfly, different size.
30. Right-click on butterfly layer and choose Merge > Merge Down. Do this one more time so that all 3 butterfly layers have been merged together.
31. Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen
32. Effects > Plugins > EC 4000 > Gradient Glow. Set width = 8, opacity = 70
33. Layers > New Raster Layer
34. Set the Brushtip back to circle, size 3 hardness = 25, opacity = 100
35. Place some dots (to be stars) around the image.
36. Effects > Plugins > EC 4000 > Gradient Glow. Set width = 14.30
37. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer
38. Layers > New Raster Layer
29. Set brush to size = 300, hardness = 50
30. Set foreground = purple or some complimentary color
31. Left-click once on your image
32. Choose another color and place it on your graphic
33. Choose a third color and place it on your graphic.
34. In the Layer Palette, change the Blend mode to Color
35. Layers > Merge Visible
36. Save as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.