Circle of Love
I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a circular pattern. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download these plugins: Flaming Pear > Super Blade Pro,
Download this SBP preset: Hearts Reflections SBP preset from WoolsweaterStreet Be sure to download the bitmaps to -- and place both the bitmaps and the preset inside your SBP presets folder.
1. Open a new, transparent image, size 500 x 500.
2. Choose the custom shape tool, heart shape. Set foreground = NULL, Background = red. Draw a SMALL heart in the center of the image, like so
3. Effects > Plugins > Mura's Meister > Copies. Apply: ENCIRCLE preset, Circle, Behind, Number = 20, X = 5, Y = 50, Angle = 0, Rotation = 100, Phase = - 25, Cycle = 100, Attenuation = 0, Scale = 100, Thru BG Range = 0, Fade Out = 0.
4. You get this image. Choose the Raster Deformation tool. Drag out the top left corner and the bottom right corner to enlarge the circle.
5. Choose the magic wand and click on the transparent image.
6. Selections > Invert
7. Now the Hearts are selected
8. Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > SuperBlade Pro. Click on the Preset Menu button (circled)
9. Browse to the ks_hearts2 presets folder that you saved and choose the red heart preset.
10. Selection > Deselect
11. Choose the custom shape tool, heart shape. Foreground = NULL, background = red. Draw a large red heart in the middle of the circle.
12. Right-click on the heart layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
13. Choose the magic wand and select the heart.
14. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 8 pixels
15. Press the Delete Key.
16. With the magic wand select on the heart border.
17. Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > Superblade Pro. Apply the same preset as before.
18. Use the magic wand to select the inside of the heart
19. Selection > Modify > Expand selection by 3 pixels
20. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer. Layer > New > Layer.
21. Open up the photo or tube of your choice. Edit > Copy.
22. Click back on your heart picture. Edit > Paste as New layer
23. If you used a tube, click on the blank layer and flood-fill the selection with a color background of your choice (or gradient).
24. Selection > Invert. In the Layer Palette, click on the tube/photo layer and press delete. This will delete the extra part beyond the heart.
25. Selection > none.
26. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
27. Selection > Select All. Selection > Float Selection > Defloat.
28. Layer > New > Layer Drag this layer to the bottom.
29. Selection > Modify > Expand Selections. Expand by 5 pixels.
30. Flood fill this layer with a gold gradient or pattern.
31. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 100, blur = 2, color = black.
32. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
33. Save this as a GIF. File > Export > GIF Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.