I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open a new transparent image, size = 600 x 600 We will resize later.
2. Choose your text tool and your text. I used Albermarle Swash, size = 48. Stroke = 2. Antialias, checked. Foreground and background = same color. I chose a blue gradient.
3. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 100, Blur = 2, Color = black.
4. Choose the Shapes tool, set to ellipse. Antialias CHECKED, Create as Vector CHECKED, Width = 4. Set foreground to some gold gradient or fill. Background = null.
5. Draw an ellipse around one of the letters. Use the handles to move it into place and resize or rotate as necessary.
6. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the vector layer, and choose Convert to Raster Layer
7. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply same settings as before.
8. In Layer Palette, right-click on Halo Layer and choose Duplicate.
9. Drag the duplicate layer below the name layer.
10. In Layer Palette, click on name layer.
11. In top menu, click Selections > Select All. Selections > Float. Selections . Defloat.
12. In Layer Palette, click on top Halo layer.
13. Erase the part of the halo that you want to be behind the letter. Deselect (Selections > None)
14. In the Layer Palette, Right-click on the layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
15. Right-click on merged layer and choose New Raster Layer.
16. Repeat Step 15 to add a second new raster layer, and drag this layer to the bottom
17. Choose the Airbrush tool, and set foreground = white, Size = 50, Hardness = 80, Step = 10, Density = 75, Thickness = 100, Opacity = 80.
18. On the bottom layer spray some white clouds, in a circular motion.
19. Then change the Airbrush to these settings, Size = 10, (rest is same), foreground = pale blue
20. Spray some blue in some areas to highlight the cloud, to provide shadow.
21. In top menu, click Selections > Select All. Selections > Float.
22. In top menu, click Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Radius = 10.
21. In top menu click Selections > None
22. Now in Layer Palette, click on top blank layer. Repeat Steps 19 - 21 to draw some clouds on top of the name, but do not cover all of the name.
23. In the tool menu, choose the Selections tool set to Rectangle. Click on Create Selection from : Merged Opaque (third one)
24. In top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection
25. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
26. Save this as a GIF file
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.