I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to make animations. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download any Dingbat font. Or you may use a vector shape.
1. Open a new, transparent image, size 200 x 200.
2. Flood-fill this with black. It really doesn't matter what color (other than white). You will be deleting this layer in the end.
3. Choose some Ding font. I chose Lisa's Dragons. Set the text tool to that Dingbat, size = 244 (or a size of your choice), create as a vector. Set your background color to white, foreground to white or null. (Note: if you want an outline of the dingbat-- foreground to white, background to null, stroke = 2 - 4)
4. Type the dingbat in white.
5. Right-click on the dingbat layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
6. Selection > Select All. Selection > Float. Selection > Defloat. Selection > Modify > Expand by 1
7. Right-click on the dingbat layer and choose Duplicate. Duplicate once more so that you have 3 layers of it.
8. Effects > Plugins > Alien Skin Xenofex 2 > Constellation. Apply these settings: Star Size = 2.64, Size variation = 10, Edge Star Density = 8, Overall Star Density = 11, Overdrive = 85, Twinkle = 87, Twinkle Rotation = 146, SELECT Make Selection tansparent.
9. In the layer palette, click on the next dingbat layer.
10. Effects > Plugins > Alien Skin Xenofex 2 > Constellations. Apply same settings EXCEPT click on the Random Seed button a couple of times to change that.
11. Repeat steps 9 - 10 on the last ding bat layer.
12. In the layer palette, right-click on the bottom black layer and choose delete.
13. Choose the rectangle selection tool. In the top tool bar, click on the Merged Opaque button. This will put a tight selection box around your constellation, to trim off the excess space.
14. Image > Crop.
15. File > SAVE As. Save as a psp file.
16. Open your constellation in Animation Shop.
17. File > Save As. Choose a file name, click next. Fix the optimization settings:
Click on Customize
Click on the Colors tab: Number of Colors = 3, Optimized Median Cut, Nearest Color
Click on the Partial Transparency tab, use 50% dither pattern, Yes, blend with this color (and choose the color of your constellation)
It'll take you back to this screen when you click ok:
Then click Next, and continue to click next until you are done.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.