I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a Galaxy. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new, transparent image, size 800 x 800 px
2. Fill the image with black
3. Effects > Illumination Effects > Sunburst
Move the crosshairs to a position of your choice, set the color to your choice, brightness = 21, density = 19, brightness = 3, brightness = 33,
4. Repeat this effect with a different color and position: Effects > Illumination Effects > Sunburst
Move the crosshairs to a different position, change the color
5. Effects > Distortion Effects > Twirl Degrees = 720
6. Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur Radius = 5
7. Right-click on this layer and choose duplicate
8. Image > Free Rotate Direction = Right, Degrees = 90, CHECK Rotate single layer around canvas center
9. In the Layer Palette, change the layer blend mode to SCREEN
10. Open up the CloudGrainRDB overlay. Edit > Copy
11. Click back on twirl picture and do Edit > Paste as New Layer
12. Change the layer blend mode to Overlay on the grain layer
13. Right-click on the layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
14. Effects > Geometry Effects > Perspective -- Vertical. Distortion = -27 (NEGATIVE), Edge mode = wrap
15. Effects > Geometry Effects > Perspective -- Horizontal. Distortion = 25, Edge mode = Wrap
16. Repeat the Horizontal Perspective, same settings.
17. With the picture tube tool, add some stars using a star/flare/sparkle tube of your choice. Use different sizes.
18. Add text with the font of your choice. You can find some good Sci-Fi fonts here.
19. Layers > Merge > Merge All Flatten.
20. Now save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Here's another one with different colors.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.