Numbers Crunch Background
(like the background on this webpage)
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use patterns in the materials palette and mask layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
If your PSP doesn't have this number pattern in its patterns folder, then LEFT-click on the numbers pattern below to open a new window. In the new window, RIGHT-click to save the numbers pattern, and place in your psp patterns folder.
1. Open a new, transparent image, any size. I chose 500 x 500
2. Flood-fill the image with a light shade of a color of your choice.
3. Layers > New Raster Layer
4. Flood-fill this layer with a darker shade of the same color.
5. Layers > New Mask Layer > Hide All
6. In the Materials Palette, choose Pattern and choose the Numbers image. Set scale = 40, Angle = 0 Flood-fill the mask layer with the pattern.
7. Your Layers should look like this.
8. Right-click on the Group layer and choose Merge > Merge Group.
9. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 1, Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 75, Blur = 1, Color = Black or a very dark shade of the same color you used.
10. Layers > New Raster Layer
11. Flood-fill this layer with a dark color.
12. Layers > New Mask Layer > Show All
13. In the Materials Palette, Choose the numbers pattern and set Scale = 100. Flood-fill the Mask layer with the numbers pattern.
14. Layers > Invert Mask/Adjustment
15. Right-click on the group layer and choose Merge > Merge Group.
16. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply the same drop shadow.
17. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
18. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling. Apply these settings: Tile method= Edge, Direction = Bidirectional , Width = 50%, Transition = 100%
19. Effects > Texture > Blinds. apply these settings: Width = 2, Opacity = 25, Color = Black, CHECK Horizontal, CHECK Light from left/top
20. Now save this as a background JPG. File > Export > JPG Optimizer.
You can now use this as a background for a webpage (like I did) or for a tag.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.