I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about DAZ Studio. It is intended for beginners to learn how to make water lights undulate in a figure. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need DAZ Studio.
This continues the load the textures in DAZ tutorial.
1. Open up DAZ and load up the item with the textures you made. See this tutorial if you don't know how to do that: load the textures in DAZ.
2. After all the textures have been loaded, Right-click on the textured image and choose Select that item (so I selected V4). You'll get a selection box around V4.
3. File > Save As > Materials Preset
4. A materials Preset Options Box pops up. Be sure that ALL Surface Properties is selected.
5. Then it will ask you where to save. Since these are DAZ files you must save them in the CONTENT folder not in the Runtime folder. So browse to your DAZ > Studio > Content folder. Inside that folder, create a folder for V4, and then inside the V4 folder store this preset.
If you plan on sharing these MATS with others, then you will probably want to save it in DAZ's tree format:
Content > people > CharacterName > Clothing > NameOfOutfit
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.