I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
You will need the Flood plugin from Flaming Pear.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open new transparent image, size = 350 by 500.
2. In the tool menu, right-click on the shapes tool and choose Ellipse.
3. In the tool options bar at the top, choose the circle shape. Place a check for Create as a Vector. Set the foreground to null, and background color to any color you want. Then draw a circle near the top middle of the image. (see below)
4. Right-click on the shapes tool and choose the rectangle tool.
5. Draw a rectangle that starts near the diameter of the circle (middle). Be careful to make the rectangle NO wider than the circle itself.
6. Right-click on the vector layer and choose convert to raster layer.
7. With the magic wand, click on the arch and select it.
8. In top menu, click Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 15.
9. Press the delete key on the keyboard.
10. Click on the RECTANGLE selection tool. In the tool options menu at the top of the screen, click on the last icon for the selection tool-- the Merged Opaque. This will place a tight selection box around the arch.
11. In the top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection
12. Now save this as a tube image in .psp format. File > save As.
You can use this arch tube
that you created to make an
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.