I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to use the offset filter. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open new, transparent image, size 300 x 300 pixels
2. Flood-fill this image with white (or whatever color you choose).
3. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply these settings: bevel = pie, width = 11, smoothness = 70, depth = 5, ambience = - 25 (negative), shininess = 50, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 35
4. Image > Canvas Size , set width = 600 pixels, height = 500 pixels. In Placement, click on the top center arrow.
5. Image > Free rotate. Direction = right, free = 45 degrees
6. Effects > Image Effects > Offset. Horizontal = 0, Vertical offset = 100, Edge Mode = transparent
7. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate
8. Image > Flip
9. Right-click on the top layer in the Layer Palette. Merge > Merge Down
10. Right-click on the merged layer and choose Duplicate
11. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling. Tiling method = Corner, direction = bidirectional, horizontal & vertical offset = 0, transition 100, corner style = linear
12. Effects > Image Effects > Offset. Horizontal offset = - 300 (negative), vertical offset = 0, edge mode = transparent
13. Right-click on layer and choose Duplicate.
14. Image > Mirror
15. Layers > New Raster Layer
16. Layers > Arrange > Send to Bottom
17. Flood-fill this layer with a complimentary color. It should look like this.
18. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
19. Selection > Select All
20. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection by 8 pixels.
21. Selection > Invert. Flood-fill the selection with your background color.
Now your background is ready to be embellished with tubes and text.
When done, save as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.