I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for a beginner to learn how to use a filter in Photoshop. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need Photoshop CS3 - CS5. You may download a free trial at Adobe.
Remember to save as a .psd file often!
1. Open new, transparent image, size 800 x 800
2. Choose the Custom Shape tool
3. Set the Shape to the heart shape (or other shape of your choice.)
4. Draw out the shape.
5. Right-click on the layer and choose Rasterize Layer
6. Choose the magic wand tool. Click on the heart to select it.
7. Edit > Fill. Choose Pattern of your choice.
8. Filter > Alien Skin > Eye Candy 5: Textures > Weave
Click on the Settings tab and choose the Preset: Plain, Distorted, Rough Edges
Now we're going to make some adjustments to the settings. Click on the Basic tab. Set Ribbon Width = about 30, Gap Width = 30, select Gap Fill to Make Gaps Transparent
9. Now use tubes or extracted images to decorate your tag back.
10. Save this as a PNG or GIF.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.