I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use animation. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Download the Penta.com colordots filter. Place in your plugins folder.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a 500 x 450 new, transparent image. Flood-fill this with a color that matches the tube you will use.
2. Open a misted tube of your choice. Resize this tube so that it is no wider than 300 pixels. (Image > Resize ) Edit > Copy. Click back on the transparent image and choose Edit > Paste As new Layer.
With the mover tool, move this layer to left edge of the image.
3. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the tube layer and Duplicate.
4. Image > Mirror
5. Right-click on this layer and choose Duplicate.
6. HIDE the top and the bottom layer by clicking on the eye for those layers.
7. Right-click on the 2nd layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
8. In the Layer Palette, click on the merged layer. Slide the opacity to 30
9. Selections > Select All
10. Selections > Float. Selections > Defloat
11. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer to highlight it, and on the bottom layer's eye to UNHIDE it.
12. Effects > Plugins > Penta.com > colordot. Apply these settings: value = 141, distance = 6, color R = 253, Color G = 255, Color B = 2 (you may want to play with these color settings to match your colors you are using.
13. Selection > None
14. Click on the top layer and UNHIDE it.
15. If necessary, Image > Resize = 85% Be sure that Resize all Layers is UNchecked.
16. Layers > New Raster Layer
17. Use the Selection tool set to RECTANGLE and draw a rectangle selection. Fill it with a complementary color.
18. Effects > Plugins > Penta.com > Colordots. Apply same settings as before.
19. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity to 75%
20. Layers > New Raster Layer
21. Choose the pen tool. Set foreground color to same color as layer fill, background color = NULL. Set the pen tool to segment. Do NOT check Create as a Vector. Set the Line style = small dash, stroke = 10.00
22. Left- click near the left edge of the image, then holding the SHIFT key down, click near the right edge of the image. You should get some square dashes, as in the image below.
23. Right-click on this layer and choose Duplicate.
24. Image > Free Rotate. Direction = Right, Degrees = 90, All Layers UNchecked
25. Move this layer into position near the right edge. Make sure the squares overlap in the right corner.
26. Right-click on layer and choose Duplicate.
27. With the mover tool, move this layer into position, so that it is staggered, see image below.
28. In the Layer Palette, HIDE all layers except the top 3 dash layers.
29. Right-click on one of the dash layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible
30. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply these settings: Bevel = pie piece, width = 8, smoothness = 15, depth = 20, ambience = 0, shininess= 25, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 40, elevation = 50.
31. Choose your font for the text tool, and the color of your font. I chose a script font. Set it for vector. Type your name in about 28 point.
32. Image > Free Rotate . Rotate 90 degrees left. With the mover tool, move the name in between the two dash lines on the right.
33. Set the font to a complementary font. I chose a fancy font. Set it for size = 36 - 48. Type your name. Right-click on the font layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
34. Save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.