I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a framed tag. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download and install the filter Penta.com > color dots
1. Open up a new, transparent image, size = 500 x 500
2. Flood-fill with black
3. Open up the tube of your choice. Image > Resize 600 pixels for largest side.
4. Edit > Copy
5. Click back on black image. Edit > Paste As New Layer. Set this image aside.
6. Open up your tube. SHIFT + D to duplicate. Close the original.
7. Layer > New > Raster Layer. Fill with black, and slide this layer down below the tube layer. Click back on top layer.
8. Set foreground color = white, background color = NULL
9. Choose the rectangle SHAPE tool, set to CREATE AS VECTOR, width = 20
10. Draw a Rectangle box around your tube as so
11. Left-click on the Node in the top corner and hold mouse button down as you drag downward. This will CURVE the frame.
12. Right-click on the frame layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer
13. With Magic wand, select the OUTSIDE of the frame.
14. Selection > Modify > Expand Selection to 6 pixels
15. Click on the bottom black layer and press dELETE
16. SHIFT + D to duplicate.
17. On one of the copies, right-click on the top layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
18. Image > Greyscale
19. Image > Increase Color Depth > RGB 8 bits/channel
20. Image > Resize so that the width is NO bigger than 300 pixels
21. Edit > Copy Click back on the ORIGINAL tag image. Edit > Paste as New Layer
22. Choose the Raster Deform Tool
23. Rotate the frame towards the right about 20 degrees.
24. Go back to duplicate frame image. Image > Resize Width = 325 pixels
25. Right-click on the middle layer and choose Merge > merge down
26. Effects > Plugins > penta.com > color dot
27. Apply these settings: 90, 2, 255, 255, 255 (default settings)
28. Right-click on top layer > Merge > Merge Visible. Edit > Copy
29. Click back on tag layer and Edit > Paste as New layer
30. Choose the RAster deform tool and rotate the dotted image to the left.
31. Open up the tube again. Edit > Copy
32. Click back on tag layer. Edit > Paste. Use the Raster Deform tool, to drag in the corners of the tube and make the tube smaller.
33. Choose the rectangle selection tool, and draw a box around the part of the image that you want to keep.
34. Image > Crop
35. Image > Add Borders. Symmetric, white, 3
36. Save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPeG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.