I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Download MuRa Meisters Filters > Copies. You also need a dragonfly or butterfly tube, as well as another large tube.
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open new, transparent image, size = 600 x 600
2. Open the dragonfly tube that you want to use. Image > Resize. Resize the image so that the biggest dimension is no more than 150 pixels. (in this case my width).
3. In top menu, (on resized tube) click Edit > Copy.
4. Click on the blank image. In top menu, click Edit > Paste > As New Layer. With the mover tool, move the dragonfly tube into position, about 1/3 of way from bottom, and midway horizontally.
5. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > MuRa Pro > MuRa's Filter Meister Copies. Apply these settings: Choose Spiral for the effect, Number = 10, Shift x = 80, Shift Y = 80, Angle = 0, Rotation = 200, Phase = -25, Cycle = 200, Attenuation = 100, Scale = 0-, Tile Gap = 0, Thru BG Range = 0, Thru BG Smooth - 80, Fade out - 0
6. Open the other tube, and click Edit > Copy. Then on dragonfly image, click Edit > Paste > as New Layer.
7. In Layer Palette, right-click on the dragonflies layer and choose Duplicate.
18. Drag the copy layer up to the top.
19. On the top copy of the dragonflies layer, erase the top dragon flies so that they will not show on top of your tube. I put a box around the ones that I erased.
20. Still on the Copy of Dragonflies layer, Click on Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 3, Horizontal = 6, Opacity = 40, Blur = 10, Color = black
21. In the top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
22. From the tool menu, choose the selection tool, set to Rectangle. In the tool Options bar, click on the Create Selection from layer (I circled it)
23. From top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection.
24. Save image as a .psp file for a blank tag.
25. Add text then save as .GIF
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.