Electric Cloud Overlay
I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to use an overlay. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Download the Electric Cloud Overlays.
2. Open one of the overlays in PSP. SHIFT + D to duplicate. Close the original.
3. Overlays are basically greyscale images that can be used to add textures or patterns to an image. They can be colorized, too.
Let's colorize this one. Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Colorize
I set mine to a blue: Hue = 154, Saturation = 134. Play around with the settings to get the color you want.
4. Layers > New Raster Layer
5. Choose the paintbrush tool, set to soft, round brush, size = 280, hardness = 50, step= 10, density = 100, thickness = 100, rotation = 0, opacity = 100.
6. With the paintbrush tool, click once in the corner, to add a different color than the background. I added a spot of purple.
7. Now for the reason why they call these Overlays -- In the Layer Palette, change the layer blend mode to Overlay. See how it affects the color blending. You can actually use any layer blend mode that you like with an Overlay. I used the Color (L) blend mode.
8. Change the foreground color, and repeat Steps 6 & 7 ON THE SAME LAYER
Sot of looks like an electric cloud, doesn't it?
9. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
10. Save as a pspimage for future use.
Use this as a background for a tag or something. The next tut will use this background to make an orb.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.