I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to make an embroidered look. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Download the Scallop Frame Templates. Unzip and choose the scallop frame you wish to use. Open it in PSP and minimize it.
2. Open a new, transparent image, size 600 x 600 pixels. Fill this image with white or cream color.
3. Effects > Textures > Weave. Apply: Gap size = 1, width = 2, Opacity = 30, weave color= medium gray, gap color = light gray, Check Fill gaps.
4. Layer > New Raster Layer. Fill this layer with a pattern of your choice.
5. Open up the scallop frame template you chose. Image > Resize, to 500 pixels
6. Edit > Copy the frame, then click back on your image. Edit > Paste As New Layer
7. With the magic wand, select inside of the frame.
8. Selection > Modify > Expand Selection by 5 pixels.
9. In the Layer Palette, click on the second layer (the pattern fill) and press the DELETE key on keyboard.
10. Selection > Select None. In the Layer Palette, click back on the frame layer. With the magic wand, select the frame
11. Fill the selection with the pattern or color of your choice.
12. Hold the SHIFT key down and left-click once in the center of the frame. This will select not only the frame but the hole in the middle.
13. Selections > Invert
14. Effects > 3D Effects > Cutout. Vertical & Horizontal = 0, Opacity = 100, Blur = 40, shadow color = black
15. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer.
16. Open up the tube you wish to use in the frame. Edit > Copy. Click back on image, and Edit > Paste as New Layer. The tube layer should be second to last one.
17. Right-click on the tube layer and choose Duplicate.
18. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom TUBE layer.
19. Effects > Textures > Weave. Gap size = 1, width = 4, opacity = 30 weave color = medium gray, gap color = light gray, Check fill gaps.
20. In the Layer palette, click on the top tube layer.
set the Opacity to 60%, and layer blend mode to Multiply.
21. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
22. Now decorate the square with a needle and thread. I free-drew the thread with the pen tool, size= 3, and added a drop shadow to the thread. The text was written with Primer Apples font.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.