Metallic Engraved Plaque
I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
You also need a tube of your choice.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open the tube you wish to use. Press Shift and D at the same time to duplicate the tube. Minimize the original.
2. In top menu, click Image > Greyscale
3. Open a new, transparent image, size = 400 x 400.
4. Open up the gradient you wish to use. Shiny ones work best. Set the gradient to Angle = 35, Repeats = 4, Style = Linear
5. Flood-fill your new image with the gradient.
6. In top menu, click Layers > New Mask Layer > From Image
7. Change the source window to the tube image that you made grayscale. Mine was Image 18.
8. This is what your new image should look like now, with the mask applied.
9. Right-click on the group layer in the Layer Palette, and choose Merge > Merge Group
10. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 75, Blur = 1, Color = black
11. Change your gradient to Angle = 0, Repeats = 0
12. Right- click on layer in Layer Palette, and choose New Raster Layer. Add a second new raster layer.
13. Drag one of the new layers to the bottom of the Layer Palette. I called this one Background. Flood-fill this bottom layer with your new gradient settings.
14. Click on the top layer to activate. Change your gradient back to the old settings: Angle = 35, Repeats = 4, and flood-fill the top layer
15. In top menu, click Select > All
16. In top menu, click Select > Modify > contract. Contract by 10
17. On the keyboard press delete. Your image should look like this:
18. In top menu click, Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & horizontal = 3, Opacity = 60, Blur = 5, Color = black
19. Apply a second drop shadow, with these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = - 1 (negative), Opacity = 60, blur = 5, Color = white
20. Open up your minimized tube. In top menu, click Edit > Copy.
21. Click on your plaque image and in top menu, click Edit > Paste> As New Layer
22. Resize the new layer. Image > Resize 60%. Be sure that Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
23. In top menu, click Image > Mirror
24. With your mover tool, move this top layer into position. Slide the opacity layer to 80%, if you like.
25. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge All (Flatten). Save this as a .psp image to keep a blank copy of this tag/award
26. Choose the Text Tool. Set your gradient to Angle = 35, Repeats = 4. Use same gradient settings for both foreground and background. Choose your text. Set to create as a vector.
27. Type in your text, then use the rotation handle (in center) to turn your text.
28. Right-click on the vector layer and choose Convert to Raster
29. When you rotate images, the image loses some of it's definition. So go to Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen to make the text crisper.
30. Apply a Drop Shadow with these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 80, Blur = 2, Color = black
31. Apply another drop shadow: Vertical & Horizontal = - 1 (negative), Opacity = 80, Blur = 1, Color = white
32. Save your name tag or award as a .jpg.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.