I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use picture frames and layers If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Download Supplies (includes film picture frame--save into the frames folder of PSP7 or the Picture Frames folder of PSP8--and the Hour Photo Font)
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new, transparent image, size = 175 x 175.
2. In top menu, click Image > Picture Frames
3. Choose the Film picture frame from the drop down menu. Choose Frame inside of the image.
4. Choose a background or gradient color. I set my gradient for Angle = 0, Repeats = 0, Linear Style.
5. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom (background) layer, and flood-fill with your gradient or color choice.
6. Open up the tube that you wish to use. In top menu, click Edit > Copy
7. Click on your frame image. Make sure the Layer Palette still has the background layer highlighted. In top menu, click Edit > Paste as New Layer. The tube layer should now be the middle layer.
8. Resize the tube as necessary. Image > Resize. Be sure that Resize All Layers is UNchecked. I resized mine by about 40%.
9. Since we resized, the image is slightly blurry. In top menu, click Adjust > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask. Radius = 2, Strength = 12, Clipping = 3
10. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & horizontal = 3, Opacity = 45 - 60, blur = 10, color = black. Be sure Shadow on new layer is UNchecked.
11. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visble
12. Now open new, transparent image, size = 500 x 500
13. Copy and Paste your negative image onto this new image (see Steps 6 & 7).
14. In Layer Palette, right-click on the Film Negative layer (top) and choose Duplicate. Do this again so that you now have 3 copies of this layer.
15. In the Layer Palette, click on the 2nd layer from the top.
16. In the top menu, choose Image > Rotate > Free Rotate. Set to Right, Free = 25
17. In the Layer Palette, click on the 3rd layer from the top.
18. In the top menu, choose Image > Rotate > Free Rotate. Set to Left, Free = 25
19. Your image should look like this. Use the mover tool to move the different pieces into place. In the layer palette, click on the top layer.
20. Now open your original tube again, and copy and paste it on top of the image as a New Layer (see Steps 6 & 7) Resize the tube if necessary (Image > Resize. Be sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked).
21. Choose the text tool. Set to vector text, Hour Photo Font, size = 72, foreground color = null, background color = #404040. Type in your name in ALL CAPS (that's the only way to see the letters with this font).
22. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the vector layer, and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
23. In Layer Palette, click on the second layer. Right-click on this layer and choose Add New Raster Layer
24. Click on the top layer, and with the magic wand, select the inside of the letters. Hold the Shift key down to do this.
25. In top menu, click Selections > Modify > Expand Selection. Expand by 1
26. In the Layer Palette, click on the 2nd layer from top. Flood fill the selection with your color or gradient. Can even be another color.
27. In top menu, click Selections > Invert In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: H & V = 2, Opacity = 100, Blur = 2, Color = black.
28. Deselect. Selections > Select None
29. Choose the Selection tool, set to Rectangle. Click on the last icon for Create selection from :
30. In top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection
31. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Invisible
32. Resize if necessary and save as a gif ( File > Export > Gif Optimizer)
The tutorial can also be done with images in the negatives
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.