I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use custom shapes and animation. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Download the Fireworks preset shape, and save it to your My PSP Files folder in the My Documents folder.
2. Choose the Custom Shapes tool (Down arrow by the preset shapes tool). In the top shapes toolbar, set it to Create as Vector & antialias and width = 5
3. Open up a new, transparent image, size = 400 x 400.
4. With your foreground = your color or gradient choice, and background = null, draw a fireworks spark to take up most of the image.
5. Right-click on the fireworks image and choose Rasterize layer.
6. Right-click on the fireworks image and choose Duplicat.e
7. Image > Resize. Resize to 80%. Be sure that Resize all Layers is UNCHECKED.
8. Right-click on the layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible
9. Right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
10. Image > Resize to 80%. Be sure that Resize all layers is UNCHECKED.
11. Right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
12. Image > Resize to 60%. Be sure that Resize all layers is UNCHECKED.
13. Right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
14. Image > Resize to 40% Be sure that Resize all layers is UNCHECKED.
15. Now save this as a PSP image. File > Save As.
If you want to make fireworks of a different color, repeat Steps 3 - 15 for each color.
16. Open up ANIMATION SHOP and click on New for new animation. Set width = 500, height = 400, Canvas color = transparent.
17. In the top menu, click Animation > Insert Frames > Empty
18. Number of frames = 6
19. Open up first fireworks image.
20. Edit > Select All
21. Edit > Copy
22. Click on the blank large image. Hold the CTRL key down and click on the first 4 frames to select them.
23. Edit > Paste> Into Selection. Place the fireworks wherever you want it and release the mouse.
24. Open up another fireworks animation or use the same one.
25. Animation > Resize Animation. Width = 75, Height = 75 PERCENT
26. Edit > Select All
27. Edit > Copy
28. Click on the large image, and hold the CTRL key down. Click on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th frames to highlight them.
29. Edit > Paste > Into Selection
30. Open up another fireworks animation or use the same one. Resize this fireworks if you want to. Edit > Select All. Edit > Copy. Click back onto large image. Hold the CTRL key down. Click on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th frames to highlight them. Edit > Paste > Into Selection.
31. Edit > Select All. Edit > Copy
32. Go back to PAINT SHOP Pro, and click Edit > Paste As New Image.
33. Layer > New Raster Layer. Fill this layer with black, and arrange it to the bottom.
34. Layers > New Raster Layer
35. Choose the text tool, set your font to a fat font, such as Plump MT, size = 150 - 200, floating. Set your foreground= gold or color of your choice, and background = NULL.
36. Type your name, and move it into position over the fireworks
37. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow V&H = 2, Opacity = 100, Blur = 2
38. Selection > None. With the magic wand, click on the OUTSIDE of the letters, and then hold the SHIFT key down and click inside the holes of letters, such as A or P or O.
Click on the top layer in the Layer Palette, and press Delete. Click on the next layer in the Layer Palette, and press Delete. Continue to do this for EACH layer. This deletes the excess fireworks/background outside the letters.
39. Choose the Rectangular Selection tool. In the selection tool bar, choose Merged Opaque. This places a selection box closely around the name.
40. In Layer Palette, click on the black layer at bottom and choose Duplicate. Duplicate again until you have a total of 6 black names.
41. In the Layer Palette, click on the gold layer at the bottom and choose Duplicate. Dupicate again until you have a total of 6 gold names.
41. Arrange the layers so that there is a black name UNDER each firework layer and one gold name layer ABOVE each firework layer.. There will be two black names on the bottom.
42. Click on the eyes of all the layers EXCEPT the two bottom layers (which should be a gold and black name, as below).
43. Right-click on one of these layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
44. HIDE this merged layer. then UNHIDE the next 3 layers. Right-click on one of these layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
45. HIDE this merged layer. Then UNHIDE the next 3 layers. Right-click on one of these layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
46. Repeat step 45 until you merge together each set of 3 layers. In the end you should end up with 7 merged layers. UNHIDE all these layers.
47. Save this as a PSP image. File > Save As.
48. Open up the saved name in ANIMATION SHOP.
49. Edit > Select All.
50. Right-click on one of the frames and choose Frame Properties. Change Display to 20.
51. Now save this as a GIF. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.