I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to animate a light. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download the Supplies.
1. File > import > Custom Brush Choose the Flatline2 brush that came in the zip file. (Note: if you do not have PSP X2, I have included the tube of the brush. Simply open the tube in PSP. File > Export > Custom Brush. And give it the Flatline2 name.)
2. File > New Image. Width = 300, height = 275
3. Flood-fill this image with black using the paint can tool.
4. Open the METoeTag_Dragonbreath tube. Edit > Copy.
5. Click back on your black image. Edit > Paste As New Image.
6. Slide the Opacity to 40 %
7. Type your watermark .
8. Right-click on the top layer and choose merge > Merge Visible.
9. Choose the paint brush tool.
10. Select the Flatline2 brush from the brushtip menu.
11. Set the foreground color to a light blue.
12. Layer > New Raster Layer
13. Carefully line up the left edge of the brush with the left edge of the image. Left-click ONCE to stamp the flatline brush.
14. Right-click on the Flatline brush layer and choose Duplicate.
15. Click back down on the middle layer (the original flatline layer).
16. Adjust > Blur > Gaussian blur. Radius = 6
17. Right-click on the blur layer and choose Duplicate.
18. Layers > New Raster Layer
19. Select the Round 25 brushtip from the brush menu
20. Carefully left-click ONCE at the end of the flatline.
Looks like this:
21. Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur, Radius = 10
22. Hide the top layer by clicking on its eye. Right-click on the next layer down and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
23. UNHIDE the top layer by clicking on the eye.
24. Right-click on the top layer and choose Duplicate.
25. Right-click on the bottom (picture) layer and choose Duplicate.
26. Drag the copy of the picture layer up between the two flatline layers.
27. Right-click on the BOTTOM flatline layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
28. HIDE the bottom merged layer by clicking on the eye.
29. Right-click on the top layer (flatline) and choose Duplicate
30. In the layer palette, click on the bottom flatline layer (second layer)
31. On the image, use the lasso tool, to select a small part of the beginning of the ekg graph line.
32. Adjust > Brightness/Contrast > Brightness/Contrast. Brightness = 75, Contrast = 15 (since this layer is underneath another layer, you will not notice a change)
33. Right-click on the top toetag graphic and choose Duplicate.
34. Repeat steps 26 - 33, choosing the next small piece of the flatline to adjust brightness on, and continue the steps until you have reached the end of the flatline.
Your graphic should look like this at the end.
35. If you have a flatline layer still on top, right-click on the flatline layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
36. UNHIDE all layers by clicking on the eye.
37. Now save this as a PSP image. ( In the save box, click on save options and choose LZZ compression, and change it to psp 7 compatible)
38. Open the pspimage in Animation Shop.
39. Edit > Select All
40. Right-click on one of the frames and choose Frame Properties. Set the Display time = 75
41. Left-click on the frame that starts the horizontal flatline. Then hold the CTRL key down and click on all the frames after that.
42. Right-click on one of those frames and choose Frame Properties. Set Display time = 25
43. Now save this as a GIF. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.