copyright: Alan Giana, http://www.alangiana.com
I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial is intended for intermediates to learn how to use layers, color adjustment, and selections. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
You will need these supplies.
You will also need an image of your choice and a gold gradient.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new, transparent image, 600 x 500 .
2. Open up the PinkSilkbg and the image of your choice. Minimize both.
3. In your Materials Palette, set the pattern to this PinkSilkbg with Angle = 0, Scale = 50. Flood-fill your image with the pattern
4. Set your foreground color to a light color from your image and your background color to a dark color from your image.
5. Click on the foreground color and write down the Hue (H) and the Saturation (S) number:
6. In top menu, click Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Colorize. Type in the Hue and Saturation numbers from your foreground color.
7. In top menu, click Select > Select All.
8. In top menu, click Selection > Modify > Contract Selection Contract by 40.
9. In your Layer Palette, Right-click on layer and choose New Raster Layer.
10. In your material Palette, choose your gold gradient, Angle = 50, Repeats = 5. Flood-fill this layer with the gradient.
Adjust the color to compliment your background (if you like -- use the Hue/saturation)
11. In top menu, click Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 3 pixels.
12. On your keyboard press the delete key.
13. In top menu, click Selection > Select All. Click Selection > Float.
14. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply
the Round preset.
15. In top menu, click Selection > None
16. With magic wand click inside the gold trim.
17. Layer > New > Raster Layer Flood-fill this selection area with your background color choice.
18. In top menu, click Effects > Texture > Texture. Apply these settings: Wall Tile, size = 32, Smoothness = 1, Depth = 2, Ambience = 0, Shininess = 0, Angle = 307, Intensity = 43, Elevation = 33. (Note: this is included in supply zip if your psp doesn't have it. Just save to the psp textures folder)
19. In top menu, click Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 20.
20. In Layer Palette, Right-click on Layer 2 and choose New Raster Layer.
21. Flood-fill this selection with your gold gradient.
22. In top menu, click Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 3. Press Delete Key.
23. Selection > None.
24. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply same Round preset again.
25. With Magic wand, click inside gold trim. Press Delete on the keyboard.
26. (optional). Now I picked a picture that is better displayed horizontally. So I need to rotate my frame. In top menu, click Image > Rotate > Rotate Clockwise 90.
27. Open up your image of your choice.
28. In top menu, click Edit > Copy.
29. Click on the frame image. In top menu, click Edit > Paste >Paste Into Selection
30. Open up the Corners image.
31. In top menu click Edit > Copy.
32. Click on the Frame image. In the top menu, click Edit > Paste > Paste As New Layer. With the Mover tool, move the corner into position, left outer edge
33. In Layer Palette, right-click on top layer an choose duplicate.
34. In top menu, click Image > Mirror.
35. In Layer Palette, right-click on Raster 4 (2nd from top) and choose Duplicate.
36. In top menu, click Image > Resize. Resize 74%. Be sure Resize all Layers is UNCHECKED.
37. In Layer-Palette, right-click on this resized layer and choose duplicate.
38. In top menu, click Image > Mirror. With the mover tool, move the two smaller corners into position, inside the gradient border frame.
39. In the Layer Palette, Hide all layers EXCEPT the TOP 4 (the four corners). You hide the layers by clicking on the eye for that layer. It becomes a red X.
40. Right-click on one of the top layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
41. UNHIDE all layers.
42. In Layer Palette, click on the top merged layer (the corners). In top menu, click Selection > Select All. Selection > Float. Flood-fill with your background color.
43. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Texture > Texture. Apply same wall texture as before.
44. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 75, Blur = 3, Color = Black.
45. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge (Flatten)
46. In top menu, click Image > Add Borders. Apply these settings: Color = White, Symmetric, Border size = 4.
47. With the magic wand, select the white border. Flood-fill with the gold gradient.
48. In the top menu click Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply
same Inner Bevel as before (Round Preset).
bevel shape=pie, width = 14, smoothness=15, depth=12, ambience=0, shininess=50,
color=white, angle=315, intensity=50, elevation=30.
49. Selections > None.
50. Resize if necessary. Then save the image as a jpeg.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.