I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use a plugin to make the backgrounds for a 2 layer webset. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open the tube that you want to use. Press Shift +D on keyboard to duplicate. Minimize the original.
2. In top menu, choose Image > Canvas Size. Width & Height = 500. Center.
3. In top menu, choose Adjust > Blur > Gaussian blur Radius = 20
4. In top menu, choose Effects > Plugins > Kang 4 Filters > gemBars 2 . Apply these settings: xfreq & yfreq= 156, thickness = 230, tones = 255, lighter = 138
5. In Layer Palette, right-click on Gembar layer and choose duplicate.
6. This is what you have:
7. In top menu, choose Image > Mirror
8. Move the pieces into place with the mover tool
9. In the Layer Palette, right-click on one of the layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
10. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the merged layer and choose Duplicate. This will make the pattern darker.
11. In Layer Palette, right-click on one of the layers and choose Add Raster Layer. Drag this layer to the bottom and flood-fill it with white.
12. From the tools menu, choose the selection tool set to Rectangle. Draw a rectangle selection around some squares. I chose mine to be 2 squares across, and 4 rows down. But yours can be less or more.
13. In top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection.
14. In top menu, click Layers > merge > Merge Visible.
15. In top menu, click Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling. Apply these settings: Tiling method=edge, direction = bidirectional =width = 0, transition = 100.
16. In top menu, click Image > Resize. Set to pixels, and resize image so that width = 130 pixels.
17. Save this image as background1.jpg
To create the second background image.
1. Open a 100 x 100 transparent image and flood fill it with one of the colors from you gembar background1 tile that you made.
2. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Fantastic Machines > Paint Engine. Apply the Cracks preset.
3. In top menu, click Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling. Apply these settings: tiling method = center, direction = bidirectional, H & V = 0, transition = 100, Linear Corner style
4. Save this image as background 2. jpeg.
There's your 2 tiles to make a 2
layer webset. To see this webset, go
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.