Glass Heart Tag
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use animation. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download Supplies. Save the Heart Shape to your preset shapes folder for PSP, and save the baby breath tube in your picture tube folder for psp. You will need some matching floral tubes.
1. Open up a new, transparent image, size =500 x 500
2. Set your Foreground color to null, and your background color to a color of your choice (I chose pink for my image up top).
3. Choose the custom shapes tool. Set to Heart shape, and draw a heart that takes up maybe 1/4 the size of the image.
4. Right-click on the heart layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer
5. With the magic wand, select the inside of the heart.
7. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity to 30%.
8. Layers > New Raster Layer
9. Effects > 3D Effects > Cutout. Apply these settings: Vertical = 2, Horizontal = -3, Opacity = 60, Blur = 40.
10. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
11. Selections > Select None
12. Right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
13. Image > Resize. Be sure that Resize all layers is UNCHECKED. Resize to width = 75%
14. Open up your rose tube. Resize so that it is no more than 80 pixels high (Image > REsize)Edit > Copy
15. Click back on the heart image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. Edit > Paste as New Layer (again), Edit > Paste as new Layer (again). You should now have 3 rose layers. With the mover tool, arrange the roses in a slight arc at bottom of heart.
16. Click on the bottom heart layer. Layers > New Raster Layer.
17. Choose the picture tube tool. Find the Baby Breath tube, set to scale = 25-30, and click on the empty layer where you want some baby breath sprigs.
18. In the Layer Palette, click on the eyes of the two heart layers to HIDE them. Right-click on one of the rose layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible. UNHIDE the heart layers.
19. Right-click on the merged rose layers and choose Duplicate.
20. Image > Resize. Be sure REsize all Layers is UNCHECKED. Resize so that width = 110 - 120 %
21. Slide this layer down to the bottom. Then with the mover tool move the rose group up to middle of hearts. (see circled part)
22. In the Layer Palette, slide the Opacity to 30%
23. Choose the Rectangle Selection tool. Then in the tool bar at the top click on the Merged Opaque icon (see circled)
24. Image > Crop to Selection
26. HIDE the top rose layer by clicking on the eye of the layer.
27. Layers > Merge > Merge All (Flatten). This will give the image a white background. (If you do not want a white background, choose Layers > Merge > Merge Visible. Then add a new layer Layers > New Raster Layer. Flood-fill this layer with whatever background color you choose, and drag this layer behind the hearts layer. This tag MUST have a background, though, because of the transparency in the hearts.
28. UNHIDE the rose layer. Right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
29. Adjust > Blur > Radial Blur. Apply these settings: Zoom, Strength = 60, Horizontal Offset = 0, Vertical Offset = 0, Protect center = 0. (Note: this is not available in versions below PSP 9. You can use the VM Toolbox > Zoom Blur filter to get nearly the same effect.)
30. Layers > Merge > Merge All (Flatten).
31. Add your name. with the text tool. Resize the image if necessary, then save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPG Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.