Glass Heart Tag
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial is intended for a beginner to learn about using layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need Photoshop CS or CS2. You may download a free trial at Adobe.
Remember to save as a .psd file often!
Download Supplies. Place heart shape in Custom Shapes folder for photoshop program. Open tubes in photoshop.
1. Open new, transparent image, size 400 x 400 pixels.
2. Right Click on the shapes tool and choose Custom Shape Tool.
3. Set the shapes tool to the heart shape, and draw a heart near the center.
4. Right-click on the shapes layer and choose Rasterize Layer. With the magic wand, click on the heart to select it.
5. Slide the Opacity of the layer to 30% (in the Layer Palette)
6. Layer > New > Layer
7. Click on Edit > Fill. Fill with the same foreground color.
8. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection Contract by 10
9. Selection > Feather. Feather RAdius = 50
10. Press the Delete key on the keyboard 3 - 5 times.
11. Select > Deslect
12. Layer > Merge Visible
13. Right-click on heart layer and choose Duplicate Layer.
14. Edit > Transform > Scale. In the Scale toolbar at top, click on the lock icon between W & H windows. Drag the right or left corner inward to shrink the heart.
15. Open up the rose & baby breath tube. Edit > Copy on the rose tube. Then click back on the heart Image. Edit > Paste. Repeat this process with the baby breath tube.
16. Right-click on the rose tube and choose duplicate. Repeat as many times as you want roses. Then Duplicate the baby breath tubes, too. With the mover tool, move the roses and baby breath tubes into position at the bottom of the hearts.
17. In the Layer Palette, click on the eye of the heart layers to HIDE them.
18. Click on one of the rose layers. Layers > Merge Visible
19. Right-click on the merged rose layer and choose Duplicate.
20. Slide the opacity of this duplicate layer to 38%. With the mover tool, move this faded rose layer to the middle of the hearts.
21. Drag this duplicate layer to the BOTTOM.
22. Layer > Flatten Image.
23. Use the text tool to add your name and/or watermark.
24. Save this image as a JPEG. File > Save As. Set the file
format to JPG.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.