I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need Paint Shop Pro. I used Paint Shop Pro 8, but the steps used may also be done in Version 7.04. I also used JASC Animation Shop. You may download a free trial at Jasc.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. In Animation Shop, open up the glitter tile of your choice. You may click on the one below to open it in a new window. Then right-click on it and save.
2. In Animation Shop at the top menu, click Edit > Select All. This selects all the frames at once.
3. In the top menu, click Edit > Copy.
4. Now go to JASC Paint Shop Pro
5. In Paint Shop Pro, click Edit > Paste > AS Animation as Multiple Images. This makes each frame of the animation open up as a new image in PSP.
6. In Paint Shop Pro, open New Transparent image, size = 500 x 500.
7. Choose the text tool, any font, any size, color = white, FLOATING. Type in your name or phrase.
8. In top menu, click Selection > Defloat.
9. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
10. Duplicate once more so that now you have 3 layers (or the same number of layers as frames that your glitter tile had. If it had 5 frames, you need 5 layers).
11. In the layer palette, the top layer should be highlighted. In your material's Palette, choose texture for the foreground. And choose the first frame of your glitter tile.
12. Now Choose the paint-can and flood-fill the name with this tile.
13. In the Layer Palette, click on the 2nd layer to highlight it. Change the Texture in the Material Palette to the 2nd frame of the glitter tile, and flood-fill the name.
14. In the Layer Palette, click on the 3rd layer to highlight it. Change the Texture in the Material Palette to the 3rd frame of the glitter tile, and flood-fill the name.
Continue to repeat the process until you have flood-filled every layer.
15. Choose the Rectangular selection tool. In the top tool bar, click on the Select Opaque (circled in picture below). This puts a selection box around the name.
16. In top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection.
17. Now SAVE the file with all three layers still there (DO NOT merge). Save the file as .psp format.
18. Open up Animation Shop. (In PSP click File > JASC software Products > Launch Animation Shop.
19 In Animation Shop, open up the name.psp file that you just saved.
20. In the top menu, click Edit > Select All.
21. Right-click on one of the tile frames and choose Frame Properties. Set the Display time to 10.
22. Now save the tile in Animation Shop. It will save as a .gif format.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.