I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use vector shapes and blurs. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open new, transparent image, size 500 x 400 pixels
2. Flood-fill the image with black.
3. Set the foreground color to orange, and background color to null.
4. Choose the ellipse vector tool. You may need to click on the arrow next to the rectangle tool to find the ellipse vector tool.
5. Set it to ellipse, Create as a Vector, Width = 4
6. Draw an ellipse to be the pumpkin base.
7. Right-click on the vector layer and choose Duplicate.
8. Click on the pen tool, then click on the ellipse. It will put a vector box around the ellipse.
9. Push the left node in about 1/4 of the way, the right side will push in too.
10. Right-click on this vector layer and choose Duplicate.
11. Push the side node in about 1/4 of the way.
12. Choose the Symmetric Shape Tool (from the shape tool menu)
13. Set the Number of Sides = 3, Width = 4.
14. Layers > New Vector Layer
15. Draw a triangle for the eye.
16. Right-click and the triangle layer and choose Duplicate.
17. With the mover tool, move the eyes into position
18. Choose the pen tool, set to Segment, and draw in a mouth.
19. Set the pen tool to Freehand, and change the foreground color to a green. Draw in the stem.
20. Click on the eye of the black (bottom) layer to HIDE that layer. Right-click on another layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
21. Erase the lines that pass through the middle of the eye and the mouth
22. Right-click on the pumpkin layer and choose Duplicate. Duplicate once more.
23. In the layer Palette, click on the bottom pumpkin layer to Highlight it.
24. In top menu, click Adjust > Blur > Motion blur. Set Angle = 5, Strength = 50
25. In Layer Palette, click on middle pumpkin layer to highlight it.
26. In top menu, click Adjust > Blur > Radial Blur. Set Twirl CHECKED, Strength = 25, Twirl Degrees = 70, Elliptical CHECKED, Horizontal offset = 40, Vertical offset = - 10, Protect Center = 10.
27. Click on the bottom pumpkin layer to highlight it. Slide the opacity to 71. Click on the middle pumpkin layer. Slide the opacity to 71.
28. Click on the top pumpkin layer. Slide the Opacity to 40.
29. Layers > New Raster Layer
30. Flood-fill the layer with green.
31. Select > All. Select > Modify > Contract Selections. Contract Selection by 2.
32. Flood-fill the Selection with orange.
33. Select > Modify > Contract Selections. Contract Selection by 4.
34. Press the delete key on the keyboard.
35. Select > Modify > Expand Selection. Expand by 4.
36. Adjust > Blur > Radial Blur. Twirl CHECKED, Strength = 25, Twirl Degrees = 70, Elliptical UNchecked, Horizontal = 0, Vertical = 0, Protect Center = 10
37. Slide the Opacity of this to 75%
38. Now save this as a JPEG File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.