I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for high beginners to intermediates to learn how to make a globe bauble. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
need a heart preset shape. If you do not have one, try making your
own with this Heart Preset Shape tutorial.
1. Click New File in the
top menu bar. Enter these settings: width=400, Height=400,
Resolution=72.000 pixels/inch, Background color=transparent, image type=16.7
Million Colors (24 Bits).
2. In the Left tool menu, click on the preset shapes tool. In
the tool box find the Heart preset shape that you made
or want to use.
3. Once the heart shape is selected, check antialias. Do
NOT check create as a vector. The line width does not matter.
4. Set the foreground color to null, and the background color to the color you want to use for your background. I chose a blue.
5. With the preset shape tool (set to heart shape), draw a large heart.
See pic. Apply any plugin you want. I applied a texture (Effects
> Texture Effects > Texture)
6. Select the magic wand from the left tool menu. Click
on the outside of the heart to select the transparent area.
7. In top menu, click on Selections > Invert. Now the heart
8. Open up the tube or graphic that you want to use in your bubble. In top menu, click Edit > Copy.
9. click back on the heart image. In top menu click
on Edit > Paste > Into Selection.
10. Your image should look like this. It's ok if it seems
a little warped. Glass reflections really do that!
11. With the magic wand, click on the outside of the heart again.
Then in top menu click on Selections > Invert. Now the heart is selected
12. In Layer Palette, right-click on the layer and choose Add new Raster Layer. Name this layer Globe
13. Still Selected, In top menu, click on Effects > 3D Effects
> Cutout. Apply the setting below. For the color choose a darker
shade of the background color. I chose a dark blue.
14. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the globe layer and choose
New Raster Layer. Name this layer highlight.
15. From the left tool menu, choose the airbrush. Set the
Tool Options box to the settings below:
16. Airbrush some highlights onto the new layer. See pic
17. In top menu, choose Effects > Blur > Gaussian Blur.
set at a radius of 4.
18. Your graphic should look like this:
19. In top menu, click on Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
20. Now save the image as bubble.psp (so you can use it later to make an animated globe!)
21. If you want to use the bubble as is on a web page, then you must save it in GIF format. In top Menu, click on File > Export > GIF Optimizer. Follow the commands and save.
This completes the Heart Bubble tutorial. If you want to make it animated, or turn it into a globe, click on one of the links below:
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.