Heart Blur Tag
I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial intended for beginners to learn how to create a Radial Blur tag. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download Supplies. The supply folder contains the Dove tube and the flower bouquet tube. It also contains the heart shape in case your psp did not come with the heart shape. If you need to use it, save the heart shape into your My Documents > My PSP > Preset Shapes folder.
Well, again another jerk. I TUBED these two items MYSELF. I do NOT appreciate Margit trying to claim my hard work at tubing these items. I agree, they are not the best of work, but they serve the purpose of the tut -- and YOU are not having to buy the tubes. So Margit (and anyone else who wants to claim my tubes as theirs) can consider my permission for them to use my tutorials REVOKED.
1. Open up the Dove and flower tubes in PSP. Minimize the dove tube. Use the eye dropper and pick a medium to dark color from the tube to be your foreground color. Set the background color = white.
2. Click on the foreground color box, and choose the gradient tab. Choose the foreground-background gradient from the thumbnail list. Set angle = 0, Repeats = 5, style = starburst.
3. Choose the preset/custom shape tool. Set the shape = heart, CHECK create as a vector, CHECK anti-alias, set Width = 10. Set the background color = NULL.
4. Draw a heart shape in your image.
5. Right-click on the layer and choose Convert to raster layer.
6. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply these settings: Bevel = pie shape, width = 3, smoothness = 35, depth = 4, ambience = 0, shininess = 0, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 30, elevation = 50.
7. Open the flower tube. Image > Resize. Resize to 50%. Edit > Copy.
8. Click on the heart image. Edit > Paste as New Layer.
9. Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen
10. With the mover tool, move the flowers into position at the bottom of the heart.
11. Right-click on the flower layer and choose Duplicate.
12. Image > Mirror.
13. Flowers should be in position at bottom of heart.
14. Right-click on top flower layer and choose Merge > Merge Down.
15. Right-click on the merged flower layer and choose Duplicate.
16. In the Layer Palette, Drag one of the flower layers BELOW the heart layer.
17. Be sure that the bottom flower layer is highlighted. Adjust > Blur > Radial Blur. Set to Zoom, 60% Strength, Elliptical, Horizontal = 0, Vertical = 10, Protect Center = 5.
Note: if you have PSP 8 or 7, you will need to use the plugin VM Toolbox > Zoom Blur to get this effect.
18. Right-click on the blur layer and choose Duplicate.
19. Image > Flip
20. Move the blur layers into place behind the flowers, as so.
21. Click on the bottom blank layer to highlight it. Then flood-fill that layer with a color of your choice.
22. Right-click on the top blur layer and choose > Merge > Merge Down.
23. Slide the opacity to about 50%.
24. Open the Dove tube. Edit > Copy
25. Click back on the heart image. Click on the heart layer in the Layer Palette. Edit > Paste as New Layer.
26. Right-click on the dove layer and choose Duplicate.
27. Click on the bottom dove layer. Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Choose radius = 5
28. Right-click on any layer and choose Merge > merge Visible.
29. Selections > Select All. Selections > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 8 pixels.
30. Selections > Invert.
31. Flood-fill the selection with your foreground-background gradient.
32. Apply the same inner bevel. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel.
33. Now add your text/watermark.
34. Save as a JPEG. File > Export > Jpeg Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.