I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for upper beginners to learn how to use plugins. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
I also used
Xero Frintillary Plugin, Download Xero Set 4
Xero Duochrome Plugin, Download Xero Set 3
Xero Mistifier & Porcelain Plugins, Download Xero Set 1
You will also need a tube of your choice.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open a new, transparent image, size = 500 x 500.
2. Choose the preset shapes tool, and choose the Heart shape. Create as a vector UNchecked. Width = 12.
3. Set foreground color to a color from the tube you will use to decorate with, and the background color to null. Draw a large heart outline.
4. With the magic wand (tolerance = 0), select the heart outline.
5. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Xero > Fritillary. Apply these settings: granularity = 8, aggression = 100, tessellation = 100, variation = 150.
6. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Xero >Porcelain. Apply these settings: softness = 50, strength = 128, brightness = 158, red & green channel = 0, blue channel = 255.
7. Open the tube that you wish to use. In top menu, click Edit > Copy.
8. Click on your heart image. In top menu, click Edit > Paste > As new Layer. With your mover tool, adjust the heart so that your tube is centered inside the heart.
9. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the tube layer and choose Duplicate.
10. In the Layer Palette, click on the eye for the copy of tube layer to hide that layer. A red X will appear on the eye. Then click on the middle layer (tube), to activate that layer.
11. With the eye dropper from the tool member select two colors from your tube.
12. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Xero> DuoChrome. Use the factory default settings. (press reset if the two colors do not match your foreground and background colors).
13. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Xero >Mistifier. Apply these settings: hardness = 255, strength = 255, red, green, & blue channels = 255.
14. Drag the tube layer below the heart layer.
15. Right-click on the heart layer and choose New Raster Layer, called Background.
16. Drag the background layer down to the bottom.
17. In the Layer Palette, click on the heart layer to activate. With the magic wand (tolerance = 0) click on the outside of the heart.
18. In the top menu, click on Selections > Invert.
19. In top menu, click Selections > Modify > Contract. Contract by 5.
20. In the Layer Palette, click on the background layer to activate. Flood-fill this layer with the second color from your tube. Keep Selected!
21. In the Layer Palette, set the blend mode of the Tube layer to Hard Light.
22. In the Layer Palette, click on the Red X of the copy of tube layer to UNhide the layer, and click on the copy of tube layer to activate it.
23. Resize your tube. Image > Resize. Make sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked. I resized my tube to 40%
24. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 5, Opacity = 60, blur = 10, color = black. BE SURE to CHECK Shadow on new layer. We want to clean up any shadow that extends beyond the heart.
25. In top menu, click Selections > Invert.
26. In Layer Palette, click on the shadow layer of the copy of tube layer, and on keyboard, click Delete key. This should take care of any shadow that extends outside the heart edges.
27. In top menu, click Selections > None. Then click Layers > Merge > merge visible.
28. Now save this as a gif.
In my sample at the top, I added my name in the same color that I used to
draw the heart in Step #4 and then Applied the Xero > Fritillary plugin with the
same settings I used in step #5.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.