Heart Scroll Frame
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to Use a brush. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Download the heart scroll image.
2. open the image in PSP. File > Export > Custom Brush. Give the brush the name: Heart Scroll. OK. Close the image.
3. Open a new, transparent image, size = 400 x 400
4. Choose the custom shapes tool, set to heart. Set the foreground color to red, background color to NULL. Draw a heart outline like below.
5. If it was set to vector, Right-click on the heart vector layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
6. Choose the paintbrush tool, foreground color set to your trim color. I chose a gold gradient. At the top, choose the brush tip. Find the Heart Scroll brushtip and click on it. Click ok.
7. Set Size = 75.
8. Layer > New > Raster Layer.
9. Left click once on the new layer.
10. Choose the deformation tool. Use the center node to rotate the scroll so that it fits on the heart edge like in the picture below.
11. Right-click on the scroll layer and choose Duplicate.
12. With the Deformation tool, move the scroll heart into position and rotate it so that it fits around the edge of the heart next to the last scroll.
13. Continue to repeat Steps 11 & 12 until you have one side of the heart lined with the scroll brush.
14. HIDE the heart layer and any background layer by clicking on the eye. Right-click on one of the scroll layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
15. Right-click on the merged layer and choose Duplicate.
16. Right-click on the duplicate layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
17. Right-click on the merged layer and choose Duplicate.
18. Image > Mirror. With the mover tool, move this duplicate layer into position on the other side of the heart. Right-click on layer : Merge > Merge Down
19. Change the brush angle to 180 degrees. and on the scroll layer, and left-click to feel in the gap at the corner of the heart.
20. Click on the heart layer and use the selection tool to select inside the heart. Then click back on the scroll layer and hit the DELETE key to remove the scroll part that shows inside the heart.
21. Open an image of your choice. Edit > Copy.
22. Click back on heart image. Layer > New Raster Layer
23. Selection > Modify > Expand by 1 Edit > Paste Into Selection.
24. Drag the image layer to the bottom.
25. Delete any background layer. Layer > Merge > Merge Visible.
26. Save this as a GIF. File > Export > GIF Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.