I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to create a Turkey Dinner. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a tube of your choice. Image > Resize Make sure the biggest side is no more than 400 pixels.
2. Pick a light color from your tube to be the foreground color, and a dark color to be the background color.
3. In the material Properties Palette, set the gradient to sunburst style, Repeats = 0, Horizontal & Vertical = 50.
4. Layers > new Raster Layer
5. Drag the new layer to the bottom and fill with your gradient.
6. Effects > Texture > Texture Choose the Canvas Course texture, size = 45, smoothness = 0, depth = 1, ambience = 0, shininess = 0, color= white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30
7. Selection > Select All. Selection > Modify > Contract by 10 pixels
8. Selections > Invert
9. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel Apply these settings: Pie shape bevel, width = 13, smoothness = 16, depth = 20, ambience = 0, shininess = 0, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30
10. Effects > Texture > Fine Leather. Apply these settings: color = #c0c0c0, Angle = 0, blur = 15, transparency = 255, number of furrows = 20, length of furrows = 10
11. In the Layer Palette, click on your tube layer. Set the layer blend mode to Overlay, and slide the opacity to 71%.
12. Right-click on the layer and choose Merge > merge Visible.
13. Image > Canvas Size Add 100 pixels to the width and the height. Be sure that the Placement is centered (bottom)
14. Layers > new Raster Layer
15. Drag this layer to the bottom. Flood-fill with the gradient.
16. Selections > Select All. Selections > Modify > 25 Press Delete Key
17. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel Apply same bevel as before.
and the same leather settings as before
18. Layers > New Raster Layer
19. Choose the Pen tool. Set it to bezier Mode. UNCHECK Create on Vector, UNCHECK Connect Segments. CHECK Show Nodes. Width = 15.
20. With the pen tool, draw in the straps that will connect the hide panel to the frame (see sample above).
21. After drawing in all straps. Selections > Select All. Selections > Modify Selection > Contract by 10 pixels.
22. Image > Crop to Selection
23. On Strap layer-- Selections > Select All. Selections > Float
24. Effects > Texture > Fine Leather Apply same settings as before
25. Add any text you like and save it as a GIF: File > Export > GIF Optimizer
To create the rocky background:
1. Make a copy of the Hide tile
2. Effects > Textures > Tiles. Apply these settings: Hexagon, 50, 32, 10, 40, 2, 24, 37, white, 202, 62, 26
3. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling Settings: Mirror, Bidirectional, 0, 0, 50
4. Save this tile as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG OPtimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.