I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use filters, masks, and layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
I also used Filters Unlimited 2 > Video >TV Screen
Download 20-20 Mask.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new transparent image, size = 345 X 400. If you are
going to want a different size, it is VERY important that you choose that size
now. The completed result does not resize well.
2. Open up the tube that you want to use. In top menu, click Edit > Copy.
3. Click on your new image. In top menu, click Edit > Paste > Paste as New Layer.
4. Resize your tube to fit the image. Be sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked. Your image should look something like this:
4. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer. Flood-fill this layer with a dark color from your tube.
5. In the top menu, click on Layers > Load/Save Mask > Load Mask from Disk. Choose the 20-20 Mask, set Fit to Layer.
6. In the Layer Palette, Right-click on Group Layer. Choose Merge > merge Group
7. In layer Palette, click on tube layer (top) and Resize. Image > Resize. Be sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked. Resize 65%.
8. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
9. Right-click on merged Layer in Layer Palette, and choose Add new Raster Layer. Drag this layer to the bottom of the Layer Palette. Flood-fill it with a lighter color from your tube.
10. In the layer Palette, right-click on the top layer and choose duplicate.
11. Resize this duplicate layer 50%. Click Image > Resize. Be sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
12. With the mover tool, move that layer up near the top right corner.
13. Right-click on that layer and choose Duplicate.
14. In top menu, click Image > Mirror.
15. With the mover tool, move that layer near bottom left corner.
Note: actual placements are up to you!
16. Now continue duplicating that layer, resizing, and moving the layer where you want. Mirror some of these images. Your picture should look something like this: (but place them where you want. *s*)
17. In the Layer palette, click on the eye for the bottom (background) layer to hide it. Then click on one of the other layers.
18. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
19. UNhide the bottom layer. Click on the top Merged layer to activate it.
20. In top menu, click Effects > I C Net Software > Filters Unlimited 2.0. Click on the Video in the Navigator tab. Then click on TV Screen. Use the default settings.
21. In the top menu, click Layers > Load/Save Mask > Load Mask from Disk. Choose 20-20 Mask again.
22. Right-click on top layer in Layer palette, choose Merge > Merge All (Flatten)
23. In top menu click Selections > Select All
24. In top menu, click Selections > Modify > Contact. Contract by 8 or 10.
25. In top menu, click Selections > Invert
26. Flood-fill the selection with your darker color choice.
27. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Choose a Bevel of your choice. I used the Metallic Bevel.
29. Add your text and save!
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.