I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
You will need to download the Italian Editors plugin (particularly Effecto Fantasma)
You will also need to download the plugin: Visman VM Toolbox
1. Open a new, transparent image, size = 400 x 300 pixels.
2. Open the tube that you wish to use for this tag. Use the dropper tool to choose a medium to light color to be your foreground color. Then set the background to a darker shade of that color. MINIMIZE the tube.
3. Flood fill the transparent image with the darker background color.
4. Choose the Rectangle Selection tool. In the Selection toolbar at the top, click on the Custom Selection Icon. (Has blue outline around it in the pic)
5. In the Custom Selection box, set the top = 5, left = 5, right = 150, bottom = 295.
6. Set the foreground to Gradient Style. Choose the Foreground-Background Gradient, Angle = 50, Repeats = 0.
7. Flood-fill this selection with the gradient.
8. In the top menu, click Effects > Textures > Blinds. Apply these settings: Width = 5, Opacity = 20, Color = Dark color, Horizontal UNCHECKED.
9. Choose the Rectangle Selection tool and click on the Custom Selection icon again. Set the top = 5, Left = 175, Right = 395, Bottom = 100.
10. In the top menu, click Effects > Textures > Blinds. Apply the same settings as before. Selections > Select None
11. In the top menu, click Effect > Italian Editors > Effecto Fantasma. Apply these settings: Sporta-x = 41, sporta-Y = 41.
12. Right-click on this layer and choose Duplicate.
13. In the top menu, click Image > Flip
14. In the top menu, click Image > Mirror
15. In the Layer Palette, change the Blend Mode to Soft Light.
16. Right-click on the top layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
17. In the top menu, clic Effects > Edge Effects > Enhance.
18. In the top menu, click Layers > New Raster Layer.
19. Flood-fill this layer with the darker background layer.
20. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > VM Toolbox > Grid. Grid Size = 30, X-adjust, Y=adjust, & Line Width = 0, Red, Green Blue & Transparency = 255.
21. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity lever to 30%.
22. Open up the tube you wish to use. Edit > Copy.
23. Click back on the background image and choose Edit > Paste > Paste As New Layer.
24. In the top menu, click Selection > Custom Selection. Apply these settings: Top = 0, Left = 0, Right = 150, Bottom = 300.
25. In the top menu, click Effects > Distortion Effects > Wind. Apply these settings: Direction = from right, strength = 100.
26. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity of this layer to 60%.
27. Right-click on the top layer and choose Duplicate.
28. In the top menu, click Image > Mirror.
29. In the top menu, click Image > Add Borders. Choose Symmetric, color = darker background color, size = 3.
30. In the top menu, click Image > Add Borders. Choose Symmetric, color = lighter foreground color, size = 20.
31. Choose this light border with the magic wand.
32. In the top menu, click Effects > Textures > Blinds. Apply the same settings as before EXCEPT place a CHECK next to horizontal.
33. Then In the top click Effects > Plugins > Effecto Fantasma. Apply the same settings as before.
34. In the top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: V&H = 2, Opacity = 40, Blur = 10, Color = Black.
35. Save this as a JPEG. File > Save As.
Create a side border webset or stationary background for this tag with the
Italian Grid Side Border Tutorial.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.