I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create lace strips. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download Paisley Font and open it up on your desktop.
1. Open a new image, size 2000 x 2000. It has too be large to start with.
2. Effects > Texture Effects > Tiles
3. Apply these settings: tile shape = hexagon, angularity = 0, size = 25, border size = 3, smoothness = 100, depth = 1, ambience = 0, shininess = 50, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30
4. Choose the Magic wand
5. Set the magic wand to tolerance = 15, contiguous, feather = 0, Match mode = RGB value
6. With the magic wand, left-click on the black lines to select them
7. Flood-fill the selection with any color you want your lace to be.
8. Selection > Invert. Press the DELETE key.
9. Save this lace as a template that you can use for others. File > Save AS , save in psp image
10. Image > Resize Set Width & Height to 600 pixels
11. Choose the text tool and set font = paisley, size = 100 , Check, Create as Vector, stroke = 0.5
12. Set foreground to the same color you chose for your lace, background to null. Type the letter for the paisley pattern you choose.
For a variation rotate the letter to almost horizontal.
13. Objects > Aline > Horizontal Center in Canvas
14. Right-click on layer and choose Convert to raster layer
15. Effects > Plugins > Muras > Copies. Apply these settings: Line, Behind, 15, 100, 0,0, 0, greyed out, greyed out, 0, 100, greyed out, 0, greyed out , 0
16. Choose the pen tool
17. iN the toolbar, select segment tool (not bezier tool as in pic), connect segments, show nodes, width = 3
18. Left click on the left side of the lace, Hold the SHIFT key down and right-click on the right side
19. Click on the green check in the top toolbar to apply
20. Choose the Raster deform tool
21. Stretch the line off the screen on both sides.
22. Use the magic wand to select the layer above the line.
23. Then in the Layer Palette, click on the lace layer (middle), Hold the SHIFT button down and click below the lace.
24. Selection > invert
25. Right-click on the line layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
26. In the layer palette click on the bottom layer and press DELETE
27. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
28. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Vertical & Horizontal = 1, opacity = 30, blur = 1
29. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling -- Edge, Horizontal, Width = 50, Transition = 100
30. (Optional) Right-click on layer and choose Duplicate.
31. Layers > Merge > Merge visible
32. Save as a PNG or pspimage.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.