I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a Lacy Screen. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new, transparent image, size 600 x 500.
2. Choose the rectangle marquee tool.
3. Draw a rectangle in the center of the image. Its width should be about 1/3 of the width and it's height about half.
4. Flood-fill this selection with a color or gradient of your choice (you will be making a frame).
5. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 15 pixels.
6. Press the delete button on your keyboard. Selection > None
7. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply these settings: Bevel: triangle, width = 1, smoothness = 0, depth = 20, ambience = 1, shininess = 0, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30
8. With the magic wand, select the middle of the frame.
9. Selection > Modify > Expand selection. Expand by 2 pixels.
10. Flood-fill the selection with white.
11. Open the grid from the supply folder and minimize. In the material Properties Palette, set the pattern to the grid that was provided in the supply folder. Set angle = 0, scale = 50
12. Layers > New Raster Layer
13. Flood-fill the selection on the new layer with the grid. (caution white layer should be showing on yours, it's not on mine)
You can change the grid to match the color of your frame. Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Colorize
14. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 45, Blur = 1, Color = a dark version of the color of your grid.
15. Right-click on layer in Layer palette and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
16. Right-click on merged layer and choose Duplicate.
17. Slide the duplicate over the left side of the frame so that they are touching. Then choose the Raster Deformation tool. Hold the CTRL key down and pull the outward corners up/down (see black arrows). This will give the look of perspective that the left side of the screen is opened.
18. Right-click on the top layer and choose Duplicate.
19. Image > Mirror
20. Adjust the placement of the right screen with the mover tool.
21. Right-click on the top layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
22. Open the HeartSwirlybar image.
23. File > Export > Custom Brush. Give it the same name as the file.
24. Choose the paint brush tool. In the Brushtip drop-down menu, find the Heart Scroll bar brush.
25. Layers > new Raster Layer
26. Be sure the foreground color is the same color as your frame color. Left-click once, with the brush tip on the far left edge.
27. In the layer Palette, right-click on the brush layer and choose Duplicate
28. Image > Mirror
29. There is another brush in the supply folder. Add it if you like.
30. Layers > merge > Merge Visible.
31. Embellish or decorate the screen with tubes.
32. Save this as a GIF. File > Export > GIF Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.