Lava Heart background
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use rotation tools. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download Supplies. Save the Red Lava pattern in your psp pattern folder. Save the heart pattern in your preset shapes folder for psp.
1. Open a new, transparent image, size = 500 x 400.
2. In the Materials Palette, set the background to pattern, and choose the Red Lava pattern, set to Angle = 0, scale = 100.
3. Right-click on the image with the paint can to flood-fill with the Red Lava pattern.
4. Right-click on the shapes tool and choose Preset Shape.
5. Set the shape tool to the heart shape, Create as a Vector CHECKED, anti-alias CHECKED. Retain style UNchecked
6. Set foreground = null, background to same Red Lava pattern. Draw a heart. You'll barely be able to see it since the patterns are the same.
7. Right-click on the heart vector layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
8. Effects > Textures > Blinds. Apply these settings: Width = 2, Opacity = 45, Color = Black, Horizontal CHECKED
9. Right-click on the heart layer and choose Duplicate.
10. Image > Resize. Resize all Layers UNCHECKED. Set width = 80%
11. Image > Free Rotate. Direction = Right, degrees = 90.
12. Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Colorize. Play with colors to change the heart color. H=221, and S =201 gives a pink color, etc.
13. Repeat steps 10 - 12 and make 3 more heart layers. I made the hearts all different colors or shades of pink/red.
14. In the Layer Palette, Click on the eye of the bottom layer to HIDE that layer. Right-click on one of the heart layers and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
15. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 4, Horizontal = 8, Opacity = 75, Blur = 10, Color = Black
16. Layer > New Raster Layer.
17. Flood-fill this layer with a gold gradient or other border color of your choice.
18. If you want to save this for a background image: Resize as necessary (Image > Resize), and then save as a jpeg (File > Export > JPEG optimizer)
19. If you want to make this into a tag: Selection > Select All. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection . Contract by 4 pixels. Press the Delete key. You now have a border.
20. Now open up some tubes to decorate your tag with (such as flowers, couples, whatever). Edit > Copy. Then click back on the heart background. Edit > Paste as New Layer.
21. With the mover tool, move the tubes where you want.
22. With the text tool, add your watermark and/or name.
23. Now save the tag as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.