Let It Snow
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to make it snow. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open the Snowflake Circle Frame tube.
2. Hold the SHIFT key down +D to duplicate. Close the original.
3. Highlight the top layer in the Layer Palette (click on it). Then with the magic wand, tolerance = 0, click inside the cirlce.
4. Selection > Modify > Expand Selection. Expand by 3 pixels.
5. Open up the winter image you want to use. I have included one in the zip if you do not have one. Edit > Copy.
6. Click back on the frame image. Click on the bottom layer. Edit > Paste Into Selection.
7. Keep selection. Layers > New Raster Layer.
8 (For PSP 8 and up) Effects > Artistic Effects > Balls and bubbles. In the Settings menu, choose Clear bubbles.
Then put a dot on single ball or bubble.
FOR PSP 7 users: You do not have the balls and bubbles filters. Instead Open the Globe Bubble tube. Edit > Copy and Paste Into Selection on the new layer.
9. Click on the top layer (circle). With the magic wand, select the circle ring. Flood-fill this with a gradient or color of your choice.
10. Open up the bow tube. Edit > Copy. Click back on frame layer. Edit > Paste as new layer.
11. Image > Resize. 80%, Be sure Resize all layers is UNCHECKED. With the mover tool, move the bow to the top of the globe.
12. Hide the bottom layer by clicking on the eye. Then click back on the top layer.
13. Right-click on top layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
14. UNHIDE bottom layer.
15. Right-click on bottom layer and choose Duplicate.
16. Duplicate once more. You should now have 3 background layers.
17. Selection > Select All. Selection > Float Selection > Defloat
18. Effects > VDL Adrenaline > Snowflakes. Set the amount to 100, and size range to 15 - 18.
19. Click on the next background layer. Effects > Plugins > VDL Adrenaline > Snowflakes. Use same settings EXCEPT, click once on Random Seed bar. This will make it jump to 100.
20. Click on the last background layer. Apply the Snowflakes plugin again. Don't forget to click on the Random Seed bar.
21. Right-click on the globe layer and choose Duplicate. Duplicate once more to get 3 globe layers.
22. Drag the layers to arrange so that it alternates layers, like below. BE SURE THAT the globe layer is on top of the background layers.
23. Right-click on a globe layer and choose Merge > Merge Down.
24. Repeat Step 23 on EACH globe layer. You should end up with 3 layers.
25. Save this file as a PSP image. File > Save As.
26. Open up the image in JASC Animation Shop.
27. Edit > Select All
28. Right-click on one of the frames and set Frame Properties = 15.
29. Click on the last frame and set Frame properties = 10.
30. Save this animation as a GIF. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.