Linear Transmission Tag
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use some filters. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download Supplies. Install the filter in your plugin folder.
1. Open a new, transparent image, size = 500 x 400.
2. Open up the face tube you wish to use. Use the dropper tool to choose two colors from the tube.
3. Flood-fill the transparent image with one of your color choices.
4. On the face tube: Edit > Copy. Click back on the background image. Edit > Paste As New Layer. Resize the tube so that it is as tall as the image. Image > Resize. And move into position on one side of the graphic.
5. Right-click on the face layer and choose Duplicate.
6. Image > Flip. Image > Mirror
7. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity to 30%, and then drag this layer below the first face layer.
8. Layers > New Raster Layer
9. Flood-fill this layer with the same background color.
10. Effects > Plugins > Penta.com > color dot. Apply these settings: 106, 5, 255, 255, 255
11. Slide the opacity of this layer to 30%
12. Effects > Plugins > DSB Flux > Linear Transmission. Apply these settings: Slice Size = 50, Offset = 13, Blend = -17, CHECK Horizontal
13. Effects > Plugins > DSB Flux > Linear Transmission. Apply same settings EXCEPT select VERTICAL.
14. With the magic wand, select some of the solid squares that are formed. Hold the SHIFT key down to select more than one. Press the Delete key.
15. Click on your second color in the Materials Palette. REMEMBER the Hue and Saturation numbers (they are circled below).
16. Open up your flower tube.
17. Adjustments > Hue/Saturation > Colorize. To change your flower so that it matches your second color choice: Type in the numbers for your Hue and Saturation of your second color choice.
18. Edit > Copy.
19. Click back on your background image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. Move the flower into position.
20. Image > Add Borders. Symmetric, Size= 3, Color = 1st color
21. Image > Add Borders. Symmetric, Size = 30, Color = 2nd color
22. With magic wand select the wide border
23. Effects > Plugins > DSB Flux > Linear Transmission. Apply same settings as before.
24. Apply Linear Transmission again. Apply same settings as before, EXCEPT change direction to HORIZONTAL
25. Image > Add Borders. Symmetric, Size = 3, Color = 1st Color
26. Save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.