I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to use shapes. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open new, transparent image, size 500 x 500 pixels
2. Choose the custom shape tool. Set it to Heart. UNCHECK Retain Style, CHECK Create as vector, CHECK anti-alias.
Set foreground = null, background = color of your choice.
3. With the custom shape tool, draw a small heart.
4. Right-click on heart layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
5. Right-click on heart layer and choose Duplicate
6. Effects > 3D Effects > Cutout Vertical & Horizontal = 0, opacity = 80, blur = 25, shadow color= black
7. Right-click on cutout layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
8. Right-click on the merged heart layer and choose Duplicate
9. Image > Resize, set width & height to 80%. Be sure to UNCHECK Resize all Layers.
10. Use the smaller heart to make the body of the love bug (where the larger heart was the head.) Right-click and duplicate the smaller heart to make 4 or 5 copies. With the mover tool, move them into position to make a body.
11. Right-click on one layer and choose Merge > merge visible
12. With the custom shape tool (same settings as before), draw a heart to make a wing. Foreground = red, background = white Grab the center node and rotate the wing to fit properly.
13. Right-click on the wing and choose Convert to raster Layer
14. With the magic wand, select the white part of the wing. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 10 pixels
15. Fill the selection with the pattern of your choice. Selection > None
16. Right-click on the wing layer and choose Duplicate
17. Image > Resize. Resize the second wing to 80% Be sure to UNCHECK Resize all Layers.
18. Image > Flip
19. Drag the small wing layer under the large wing layer.
20. Right-click on large wing layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
21. Right-click on merged wing layer and choose Duplicate.
22. Image > Mirror. With mover tool, move the wings into position on the body.
23. Choose the pen tool and set it to Bezier Curve. Width = 5
24. Set foreground color to antenna color and background color to NULL
25. Left-click once on the head and then left-click a second time to make the end of the antenna. As you left-click the second time, drag the mouse down and to the right to curve the antenna.
26. With the custom shape tool, draw a heart at the end of the antenna. Right-click and Merge > Merge Down.
27. Right-click and duplicate. Image > Mirror. With the mover tool, move the antenna into place.
28. Right-click and Merge > Merge Visible.
29. Save this as a PNG for later use.
30. Save as a GIF to share in email/forum.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.