I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a script for making buttons. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. If you cannot see the script toolbar at the top, you need to open it. View > toolbars > script
2. Click on the record button. Note: it doesn't matter how fast you go through the tutorial to make the script. It records the steps, not how much time you took.
3. Set your foreground to black, and your background to red. The colors do not matter here. We're going to fix the script so that someone can use the script to make their button any color or pattern.
4. Choose the Ellipse shape. Set it to circle, create on vector, stroke = 0.00
5. Open new, transparent image, size 500 x 500 pixels.
6. Start your cursor at 100, 100 on the image. You can tell where your cursor is at by looking for the black tick lines (see the arrows in the picture). Start at 100, 100 and then drag the circle out to SIZE 200 x 200
If you look at the bottom of the screen, you can see the locations
(101,101) represents where I started. (301, 301) represents where I stopped. After the = sign (200 x 200) represents the size of my selection. (301 - 101 = 200!) Release the mouse when you have that size.
7. Right-click on the circle and choose Convert to Raster Layer.
8. Choose the Selection tool and choose the layer opaque icon. This will put a selection box around your button with little space left.
9. Image > Crop to Selection
10. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply: Bevel = pie shape, width = 25, smoothness = 10, depth = 10 - 20, ambience = 0, shininess = 30, color = white, angle = 156, intensity = 67, elevation = 30
11. Layers > Arrange > Move Down
12. Choose the paintbrush tool. Set size = 18, hardness = 100, step = 1, density = 100
13. In the layer palette, click on the top blank layer. On the image, Hover the mouse over (100, 100) -- the center-- and left-click once.
14. Effects > Image Effects > Offset. Horizontal - 20 (NEGATIVE) and vertical = 20 (POSITIVE), Custom, Transparent
15. In the layer palette, right-click and choose Duplicate
16. Image > Mirror
17. Right-click on top layer and choose Duplicate.
18. Image > Flip
19. Right-click on top layer and choose Duplicate
20. Image > Mirror
21. Right-click on top layer, Merge > Merge Down.
22. Repeat Step 21 until all BLACK circle layers are merged. You should be left with 2 layers -- 4 black circles on top layer, one big button layer on bottom.
23. Selections > Select All. Selection > Float . Selections > Defloat
24. In the layer palette, click on the BOTTOM layer.
25. Press the DELETE key on keyboard.
26. Selection > Modify > Expand Selection -- expand by 3 pixels
27. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. apply same settings
28. Selections > Select None
29. Right-click on TOP layer and choose DELETE
30. Click on the Save Script Recording Button
31. In the Save AS box: Set the Save In folder to the Scripts-Trusted folder in PSP
Click on the Save.
Now your script is ready for making buttons of any color/pattern you want Test it out!
Set the foreground to any color. Then set it to NULL
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.