I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to make slat tubes to use to make slat tags like the one above. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open a new transparent 400 x 500 image.
2. Set your foreground color to null, and your background to any color of your choice.
Choose the Preset Shapes tool and choose a shape. I chose the butterfly.
Don't worry if there are gaps, we will paint it.
4. Draw out a large picture of the shape you have chosen.
5. In the side menu choose the magic wand, and click on the outside of the picture.
6. In the top menu, choose Selections > Invert.
7. Choose the paintbrush from the tool menu. Set hardness= 100, and size = 50 - 100.
8. Paint over the butterfly. Don't worry. the selection will not allow you to paint outside the butterfly.
9. Paint the entire butterfly and then click Selections > None
10. Choose the Pencil tool from the tool menu. CHECK Create as vector, and set width = 8. Make sure that Contiguous is UNchecked.
11. Choose a very different color than the color you chose for your shape.
12. Now draw vertical lines through your shape. I spaced my lines two squares apart.. Continue drawing vertical lines all across the shape.
13. When finished drawing your lines, right-click on the line layer and choose convert to raster layer.
14. In top menu, choose Selections > Select All. Then Selections > Float. Then Selections > Defloat.
15. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer to activate. Press the delete key on the keyboard. In top menu, click Selections > None.
16. Now right-click on the lines layer (top) and choose delete.
And now you have your slat. Save this as a .psp tube.
Continue to learn how to use the slat tube you just made.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.