I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use slat tubes. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
I also used Eye Candy 3.1 Glass, but this is optional. You can also use any other plugin that you would like to use. You will also need an image or tubes to decorate with.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open the slat tube that you want to use. You can make one here.
2. In top menu, click Selections > Select all
3. In top menu, click Selections > Float
4. In top menu, click Selections > Defloat
5. In top menu, click Selections > Modify > Expand. Expand by 1.
6. Now you will fill your slat. You can do this 2 ways:
6a. You can just flood-fill it with a color or gradient of your choice. You would want to do this first if you want to fill the slat with a tube. (then follow Step 6b. to fill with the tube)
6b. Open up the image or tube that you wish to fill your slat with. In top menu, click Edit > Copy.
Now click on your slat image.
In top menu click Edit > Paste > Into selection.
This is what you get.
7. Now while the image is still selected apply whatever plugin effect you would like on the slats. I applied Eye Candy 4000 Glass effect with the Clear glass effect on my butterfly tag at the top of the page.
You can also decorate your slat with tubes. Here's one I have made:
Also Try my
Heart Slat Tutorial for Valentines Day.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.