I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to create an animated blinky marquee. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download the Budmo Jiggler Font
1. Open new, transparent image, size 400 x 300.
2. Unzip the Budmo Jiggler font, and open the font. Minimize it to your taskbar.
3. In Paint Shop Pro, Set the font to Budmo Jiggler, set the size to 72 or 84, floating text. Set your foreground color to the color of your choice. Type your words.
4. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Bevel (pic below), Width = 8, Smoothness = 16, Depth = 3, Ambience = 0, shininess = 0, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30
5. With the magic wand, HOLD the SHIFT key down, and click inside every hole of the words.
6. Selection > Modify > Expand by 1.
7. To be safe we will save this selection, in case you need it later. Selection > Load/Save Selection > Save Selection to Alpha Channel.
8. Layers > New Raster Layer.
9. Flood-fill with the color of your choice.
10. Right-click on dot layer and choose Duplicate.
11. With the rectangular selection tool, select the first letter of dots. Then Adjust > Brightness/Contrast. Set brightness = 75, contrast = 10.
12. Click back down on BOTTOM dot layer. Right-click and choose Duplicate.
13. With Rectangular selection tool, select the next letter of dots.
Adjust > Brightness/Contrast > Brightness Contrast. Brightness= 75.
14. Repeat Steps 12 & 13, until you have brightened every letter.
Now you should have one background name layer, one dark layer of dots, and then a layer for each brightened letter.
15. Right-click on the background name layer (BOTTOM) and choose Duplicate. Make enough duplicates for EVERY dot layer.
16. Drag a background layer to underneath EACH dot layer.
17. Right-click on EACH dot layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
18. I wanted to add a doll. If you don't skip to Step # .
Image > Canvas Size. Width = 430, Height = 700. Choose Placement = center bottom.
19. Open the tube that you want to use. Edit > Copy. Then click back on the marquee image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. With the mover tool, move it into position around the name.
20. Right-click on the tube layer and choose Duplicate. Make enough Duplicates for each name layer.
21. Drag the tube on top of each name layer.
22. Right-click on each tube layer and choose Merge > merge Down.
23. Choose the rectangular selection tool, and click the last icon "Create selection from"
This puts a tight selection box around your tube & name.
24. Image > Crop to selection. You've cropped off all the extra space now.
25. Save this as a PSP image. File > Save As.
26. Open the psp image in Animation Shop.
27. Click the SECOND frame, Hold the SHIFT key down and click on the LAST frame.
28. Animation > Reverse Frames (so the dots scroll the correct direction)
29. Right-click on the last frame, and set Frame Properties to 15 display time.
30. Save this as a GIF. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.