in PSP 7
In this tutorial we will make this Diamond Frame Mask:
I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
1. Open a new file, 450 X 300. Flood-fill this layer with black.
2. In top menu, click Selections > Select All. Click on
Selections > Modify > Contract.
3. Set number of pixels to 20.
4. Flood Fill the selected area with white.
5. In top menu, click Selections > Select All. Click Selections
> Modify > Contract by 8.
6. Flood fill the selected area with black .
7. In tool menu, choose preset shapes tool. Set the tool to Diamonds 1 preset shape. DO NOT Check Create as Vector. Set foreground color = null, and background color = white.
8. Draw a diamond, by starting the cursor at (0,0) and drag it
out to (450, 300). Make sure the corners touch the edges.
9. Choose the magic wand tool, and hold the shift key down.
Click in each of the triangle areas that touch the diamond.
10. In top menu, click modify > contract by 8.
11. Flood fill this selected area with white.
12. Click Layers > Promote to Background.
13. Set the background color to black.
14. Click on Image > Canvas Size. Set size to width=500, and height = 350. check center horizontally AND vertically.
15. And there it is! Now we will save our mask for future
use! In top Menu, click Mask > Load/Save mask >Save mask to Disk.
16. Give the mask a name.
And there you go!
here for a tutorial that uses this mask.
© Dragon's Breath (aka The Dragon Lord), 2001-2003. This tutorial and the graphics on this page are copyright to The Dragon Lord, 2003, 2002. Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.