I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to use selections. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open the photo that you wish to use.
2. SHIFT + D to duplicate. Close the original.
3. Choose the Rectangular Selection Tool
4. Right-click on layer and choose Promote Background to Layer
5. Draw a rectangle selection around part of the photo
6. Right-click on layer and choose Promote Selection to Layer.
7. Keep the selection. Layer > New > Raster layer.
8. Flood-fill the layer with a color of your choice from your photo.
9. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection by 30 - 40 pixels. Press DELETE. You have created a frame for the promoted layer. Right-click and choose MERGE DOWN.
10. In the Layer Palette, go back to bottom layer.
11. Change the selection tool to a square selection.
12. Draw a square selection, so that it overlaps your rectangle a little
13. Repeat STEPS 6 - 10.
14. Ok, we want to rotate this frame a bit. Image > Free Rotate. Left, 10-15 degrees.
15. Choose the selection tool again, and set it to Rectangle.
19. Click on the bottom layer in the Layer Palette. Draw another rectangle selection
16. Repeat STEPS 6 - 10.
Here's what you should have.
17. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Horizontal & Vertical = 5 pixels, Opacity = 75, blur = 5 pixels.
18. Repeat the shadow for each frame layer.
19. Set the Selection toolbar to Square
20. Draw a square selection around the entire image.
21. Image > Crop
22. Selection > Select All
23. Layer > New > Raster Layer
24. Flood-fill with color of your choice.
25. Selection > modify > Contract selection by 15 pixels.
26. Save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.